Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WhoDatinH-town

53 man roster cuts

98 posts in this topic

you're doing just fine sir, tweetdeck is my friend at the moment since it auto refreshes. If you don't use it I recommend it as it auto posts within seconds of a tweet going out so you don't have to refresh your browser, it literally pulls and places them in front of your eyes. I wish an app did that. 

Josh Katzenstein  @jkatzenstein

17s

The Saints cut DE Alex Jenkins, per source, but he should be back on the practice squad with an international player exemption for this year.

IMHO, the most notable cuts are Michael Floyd and Kikaha.

My heart goes out to Kikaha...he gave his heart on the field for us and nothing but mad respect for his 'tude.  Unfortunately, injury and better talent sealed his fate.  Godspeed...hope he gets picked up somewhere (guessing Seahawks for ticket sale/homie value).

Michael Floyd...he had his shot. Interchangeable part (that had too much wear to trust keeping your engine running optimal).

Saint ATN likes this

16 hours ago, Saint ATN said:

I’m hearing the Saints have checked around to see if there is any interest from other teams in Nate Stupar

I'm not crazy about this one or the Brandon Tate one. I thought he did really well on returns. Granted he has produced zero on offense. Maybe they want someone who does both like Scott. I thought Stupar played lights out and deserves a spot. Maybe the team feels differently. 

There are going to be some really brutal cuts coming up - especially on defense. If we go with 4 DTs, I can imagine them cutting Lawrence, despite him looking amazing in preseason. Then there's Hardee as CB/STs (might be more palatable to cut him if Hill goes back to STs), PJ Williams trying pretty hard to stay on the team. On the positive side, you can see the improvement in depth such as the D-line. It goes 2-deep across the whole line with talented players to rotate in and out.

herb likes this

I agree Kensey although I expect PJ to be cut. Hardee has played very well as a CB who has only played the position one offseason. I think his plays on ST's and his growth as well as his availability trumps out PJ Williams. I see us cutting players that are picked up by a lot of teams. I think the team is working the phone on any trades they can pull off. PJ has only played one full season it was last year. I don't remember him being on any ST units wither. 

Kinsey likes this

I expect the roster to be as follows honestly

QB: Brees, TB, Hill

RB: Kamara, Williams, Scott, Line, Ingram (won't count due to suspension)

WR: Thomas, Ginn, Meredith, Smith, Carr

TE: Watson, Hill, Arnold, Phillips

OL: Armstead, Peat, Unger, Warford, Ram, Tom, Clapp, Leribus, Leonard

Offense-26

DL: Jordan, Okafor, Davenport, Rankins, Onyemeta, Davison, Lowen, Lawrence

LB: Davis, Klein, Teo, Anzalone, Stupar, Jumper

DB: Lattimore, Crawley, Robinson, Jamerson, Hardee, Maulet, Williams, Coleman, Bell, Banjo

Defense: 24

K: Lutz

P:Morestead

LS: Wood