Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zeke187

Rodgers, Packers Agree to Record 4-Year, $134M Contract

9 posts in this topic

linkage

The Green Bay Packers have agreed to a four-year contract extension with quarterback Aaron Rodgers worth $134 million, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

Rodgers is expected to receive $80 million between now and March.

James Jones of NFL Network added that Rodgers will have over $100 million in guarantees.

Adam Schefter of ESPN provided additional details of the deal:

 

Aaron Rodgers new deal with the Packers will be with $176m-180m total, per source. Big feature is cash flow: $67m before end of calendar, over $80m before St. Patrick’s Day next year, $103m practically guaranteed, per source.

Schefter first reported the new deal was close and was "expected to be the largest in NFL history." Rodgers had two years remaining on his current contract.The 34-year-old had a cap hit of about $20.6 million in 2018, which put him 14th among quarterbacks, per Spotrac.
Edited by zeke187

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW.  He is probably the best QB in the league (yes, he probably is now) , but when Brees was at that level he could not carry the Saints by himself.  Neither can Aaron.

Saint ATN and faceman like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Patrick said:

WOW.  He is probably the best QB in the league (yes, he probably is now) , but when Brees was at that level he could not carry the Saints by himself.  Neither can Aaron.

I work with a man born and raised in Green Bay. He follows the Pack like we do the Saints. He told me the O-line is  virtually a turnstile During McCarthy's tenure, they have never invested heavily in that area and Rodgers has paid the price 

Saint ATN likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, faceman said:

I work with a man born and raised in Green Bay. He follows the Pack like we do the Saints. He told me the O-line is  virtually a turnstile During McCarthy's tenure, they have never invested heavily in that area and Rodgers has paid the price 

He also has allowed them to get away with it because of his escapability and ability to extend plays with his legs. The same could be said about the Hawks and Russell Wilson. It hasn't forced Wilson to miss any games yet, but he's had to play through multiple injuries. It all catches up sooner or later. Though, the Hawks did go out and get a bonafide LT last year and paid him.

Bonckers and Saint ATN like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dru said:

He also has allowed them to get away with it because of his escapability and ability to extend plays with his legs. The same could be said about the Hawks and Russell Wilson. It hasn't forced Wilson to miss any games yet, but he's had to play through multiple injuries. It all catches up sooner or later. Though, the Hawks did go out and get a bonafide LT last year and paid him.

Should have kept Okung and not let him walk. Carrol is a defensive guy though and wanted to pay the legion of boom max contracts. You can do that when you're Qb is on a rookie deal making 350K a year. 

Saint ATN likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree Dru and Face. His mobility helped him, and Pittsburgh did the same thing with Big Ben when he was younger and could take the hits. When he started missing games they invested in the O line. Every team has to find a way to protect their QB eventually, but Green Bay has not, and I would bet if the O line is not improved he will miss time this year too due to injuries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0