Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bonckers

Streaming series to watch

14 posts in this topic

Ok ya'll lol sorry love to use that term. Not country by the way. Lol I am looking for a news series to watch anyone have any recceomendations. I honestly have burned out on TV if not for my DreictTV contract, and working sometimes on Sunday I would drop Cable all together. What do you guys and gals enjoy? I am startnig to rewatch old series, and that is not as fun as new stuff. I enjoy a lot of stuff from GOT to Justified, to SOA, to the marvel and DC series, etc. I em aven open to movies if you have a good series I could watch. BTW if you have not watched Peaky Blinders or Vikings both I highly reccomend. Waiting on new season fo those to come out. 

nolaspe likes this

We just wrapped up Goliath on Amazon. It has two seasons currently. Highly recommended.Billy Bob Thornton plays a semi-retired lawyer that gets dragged back into the business by a weird case.

Mindhunter on Netflix was great as well. It is a docu-drama about the founding times of the FBI's Behavioral Crimes Unit, when they started interviewing serial killers and applying things learned there to solve other cases.

Oh, and Stranger Things on Netflix if you haven't caught that one. 

Edited by louisb
nolaspe likes this

Ahem...

Black Mirror

Ozark

Westworld

Billions

Black Sails

Banshee

Battlestar Galactica

Better Call Saul (only watch after you've seen Breaking Bad)

Preacher

The Gifted

Legion

Cloak and Dagger

Black Lightning

The Expanse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veep

Silicon Valley

Fargo

Condor

Queen of the South

Animal Kingdom

Narcos

El Chapo

Madam Secretary

Seal Team

Master of None

Glow

Orphan Black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Americans!!!! 

The Goldbergs

Gotham

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

All the Marvel series on Netflix

DCU on CW Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow

Mr. Robot

Halt and Catch Fire (you're IT right? if so, right up your wheelhouse from computers becoming household items in 80's)

Altered Carbon

Shooter

Man in the High Castle

The Handmaid's Tale (truly something else)

Edited by nolaspe
Bonckers likes this

I've seen some of these. I started Westworld and Fargo. Westworld took three attempts to make it past two episodes, and I haven't had the urge halfway through the second season to continue but I hear it has it's lulls so going to try and push through it. I got a few episodes into Fargo and couldn't keep going may give that another shot. I have watched all the Marvel series and even pushed through Iron Fist like you recommended really really like the second season of Luke Cage. I will definitely check this out thanks Nolapse I have been recommended to watch Black Mirror by a few people. Think I'm gonna watch that next. 

nolaspe likes this

On 8/22/2018 at 10:24 AM, Bonckers said:

I've seen some of these. I started Westworld and Fargo. Westworld took three attempts to make it past two episodes, and I haven't had the urge halfway through the second season to continue but I hear it has it's lulls so going to try and push through it. I got a few episodes into Fargo and couldn't keep going may give that another shot. I have watched all the Marvel series and even pushed through Iron Fist like you recommended really really like the second season of Luke Cage. I will definitely check this out thanks Nolapse I have been recommended to watch Black Mirror by a few people. Think I'm gonna watch that next. 

Every season of Fargo starts out slow, but each season has been really good.  You should stick it out.

I've watched both seasons of Westworld and I still don't know what the hell is going on.  I enjoyed it though.

nolaspe and Bonckers like this

I'm currently watching 'The First' on Hulu. Sean Penn, Natascha McElhone, and a very solid cast on sending the first manned mission to Mars. It's interesting as the sci-fi takes a backseat to the characters involved in the process, including Penn's daughter in the show and the people involved with the mission.  Plus it's filmed in NOLA. 

Ozark season 2 was good, as was Preacher, Iron Fist, Queen of the South, Shooter, and Animal Kingdom. 

Edited by nolaspe

Anyone watching Jack Ryan?  I haven't started it yet, but loved the character from the books and movies 20 years ago.  Curious as to initial impression on the series.  Wendell Pierce, NOLA native son and veteran Treme actor, plays Admiral Greer (or at least a character based on Greer from the books).  Looking forward to it.

nolaspe likes this

I watched it in two nights. I loved it. I like that there is a storyline traditionally when that character is involved. I have noticed that most spy films and series are all about action, but this one has a storyline like all previous one with the Tom Clancy series movies. I am also currently watching Iron Fist. Not the biggest fan and I think it is the weakest of the Marvel series but I know if I miss it I will be lost on the other marvel stuff. 

Watched Jack Ryan this week. Really enjoyed it. Ton of action and suspense. I like the chemistry between the Ryan and Greer characters. I love how Wendell Pierce portrays Greer.

There were a few little things that didn’t work for me. One was a side storyline (no spoilers). There was only a small connection to the main story.  I kept wondering where they were going with it and no big connection materialized. It did happen to have a sex scene and It’s like that side story was in the show just so they could show a sex scene. Now I’m not trying to sound like an old man, but I read all of Clancy’s Jack Ryan books and he never wrote explicit sex scenes in any of them.

So it really wasn’t necessary and if you are a fan of the novels it kinda makes wonder WTF? And look, I don’t mind a good sex scene! LOL. Just seemed out of place.

Anyway, off my soapbox.  I really did like it and encourage any fan of spy/thriller genre to check it out. 

No I agree Slidell I loved the series, but the side story did seem to fall flat out of nowhere. I get that Hollywood always tries to find a way to pull more viewers in with love interests or with sex. I also did not feel it was necessary. But I did enjoy the series greatly. You are also right that they could have used the side story to make it go deeper but failed there too. They could have worked it into his past more or maybe just maybe it is a setup for future seasons. Something to contemplate. 

What is AT&T audience network? Nvm just looked it up will have to check it out. 

Edited by Bonckers