Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saint ATN

The Official Put Up or Shut Up Thread: 2018 Edition

Official Put Up or Shut Up Vote!   28 members have voted

1. 1. Close Poll How will the Saints finish the Regular 2018 Season?

• 16-0
    • 15-1
    • 14-2
    • 13-3
    • 12-4
    • 11-5
    • 10-6
    • 9-7
    • 8-8
    • 7-9
    • 6-10
    • 5-11
    • 4-12
    • 3-13
    • 2-14
    • 1-15
    • 0-16
  2. 2. Will the Saints Make the Playoffs?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If the Saints Make the Playoffs how deep do they go?

• Wild Card Round
    • Divisional Championship
    • National Conference Championship
    • Super Bowl
    • Super Bowl Champion!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 posts in this topic

I'm going with 12-4.

I think the defense is going to be better due to some of the additions, the growth of our young players and another year of experience in the system will allow DA to do more.

On offense, we know we're going to be good so long as it's the SP and Drew Brees show.  I do think it will be tough for the running game to be as productive.  Ingram's missing 4 weeks and, while I do see Kamara still being super productive, I think he'll have regression in yards per touch because that's nearly impossible to duplicate.  So I'm looking forward to who emerges with Meredith, Tre'Quan and hopefully Watson steps right back in to what he was able to do his last season with us.

I don't like predicting playoffs, but why not go for the gold and say SB Champs.  As an organization we've fought through a lot of adversity and some self inflicted wounds since 2012.  Our Time Baby, Bow Up!

I am all up in the Kool-Aid on this team. I believe our first team can beat anyone in the league. And I also think this team is the deepest we have ever seen. That should allow them to weather those inevitable injuries with little drop off in production.

Going through the schedule, we could be easily be sitting at 5-0 headed into week 7 coming off the bye. After that, there's not a game that is not winnable, although I am sure we aren't going 16-0. So, let just say they drop three in that next stretch heading to the playoffs.

So, my prediction is 13-3 with a first round playoff bye, hopefully home field advantage. If home field happens, I predict a SB appearance. If we wind up playing the NFC Championship on the road, it's a toss up.

Bonckers likes this

I love reading this optimistic thread from people that know their team. But I don't like this schedule. I see traps and good teams every where. Don't think the Giants are going to give us a tough time in New Jersey? What are the Ravens this year? We beat the Rams at home, but we still have the Eagles and Steelers at home. And the Vikings away. Tough schedule with no room for injuries.

I've gotten goosebumps a few times this preseason, an admission I don't take lightly. The defense has me excited. Davenport and Cam with a possibly good backfield and strong LB corps? A bit thin at CB with the inevitable injuries. But my concern is stagnant offense if the running game can't get going against strong competition. Not sold on WR options beyond MT, but hoping TreQuan will prove me wrong.

Overall, optimistic. I'll drink the kool-aid when we trounce the Falcons in the Sphincterdome. Until then, I'm 10-6 with a deep playoff run.