Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StLee

ESPN - Ranking NFL backfields

4 posts in this topic

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/23974003/ranking-nfl-backfields-2018-projections

1. New Orleans Saints

Top three backs: Alvin Kamara, Mark Ingram, Terrance West

Projected unit stats: 386 carries, 1,721 yards, 16 TDs; 122 receptions, 1,080 yards, 5 TDs

Outlook: Ingram's four-game suspension to begin the 2018 season is not enough to knock New Orleans from the top spot. Led by Ingram and Kamara, the Saints' backfield paced the league in rushing yards (2,011), yards per carry (5.10), receptions (143), receiving yards (1,254) and total touchdowns (26) last season. New Orleans backs have flourished in the passing game during the Drew Brees/Sean Payton era, ranking first in the league in receptions (1,339), receiving yards (10,187) and touchdown catches (67) over the past decade. West and intriguing sixth-round pick Boston Scott are the favorites for No. 3 duties and could make some noise while Ingram is sidelined.

nolaspe, Bonckers, louder and 1 other like this

If we come out of training camp healthy we will have a very good to great running game. It'll just look different with West but the results will be the same.

nolaspe likes this

I am still not sold West actually makes the roster. That's the thing I love about this staff. Best player makes the roster hands down. Shoot I remember when we kept a young green Chase Daniel as our only backup. So I could see us rolling without him honestly. As long as we find a good RB for protection outside of AK41.