Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nolaspe

Cell phone cameras...

9 posts in this topic

I took this pic w/ my Samsung Galaxy 9 on a moving boat in Alaska last week using only panoramic mode then the auto adjust filter. It blows my mind how good these cameras are. I haven't used a point/shoot camera in over 5 yrs (but then again, I've never been more than a casual photographer). I have all of my Alaska trip pics/vids on fbook for anyone here who is buddies w/ me on it. resized_20180629_192221-2-003-jpeg.99080

Damn that is amazing. You know it's funny I was thinknig yesteray that I bought this really nice DSLR like 3 years ago I have used maybe 5 times. I used to drive around with it in my trunk for work, but I am going to pull it out, becuase I have never been much of a photographer. Also like you said phones have come such a far way. I can remeber the first camera phone I had was an LG when I first starting working at Circuit City in 03.

nolaspe likes this

I worked at Circuit City from 1999 - 2003, and I remember selling a 4MP semi-pro digital camera for $2399. 

Crazy how technology jumps forward.  And gets cheaper.

Bonckers and nolaspe like this

I have the Galaxy S9 too.  I have only used the camera at the Foo Fighters concert I went to a few months ago, but the pics and videos were so much better than what my old S3 did.  I have an old Samsung digital camera that I bought in the late 90s.  I thought it took great pictures back then, but looking back, I think those pictures were 1024x768 resolution.  The pics that camera takes are crap compared to what the S9 does.  

nolaspe and Bonckers like this

How can you facetime with someone who has an Iphone, but you have a Samsung?

Sorry to hijack, but it doesn't appear you can do it because it's an app specifically for Iphones.

nolaspe likes this

17 hours ago, Dru said:

How can you facetime with someone who has an Iphone, but you have a Samsung?

Sorry to hijack, but it doesn't appear you can do it because it's an app specifically for Iphones.

My wife and I either use Facebook messenger or Google Hangouts when one of us is out of town. FB may be the easiest, since damn near everyone already has an account.

Dru, nolaspe and Bonckers like this

20 hours ago, nolaspe said:

Dru, you can also use Whatsapp to vid chat b/w android and iphone. 

Going to try this.  Thanks.