Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zeke187

n/s: Video breakdown of Panthers run game

11 posts in this topic

I am curiosu how they do on the ground without a true power back. If they try to use Cam for that he will only have his career shortened. They beter figure it out. 

The gun slinger likes this

Yes, I would prefer not. Carolina's main issue with the run game is their offensive line, they lost a few to retirement and FA and have not replaced them with players of the same quality...Teams that are negligent of their offensive line pay the price (see also the Seahawks and Skins)....

faceman likes this

26 minutes ago, sfidc2 said:

Yes, I would prefer not. Carolina's main issue with the run game is their offensive line, they lost a few to retirement and FA and have not replaced them with players of the same quality...Teams that are negligent of their offensive line pay the price (see also the Seahawks and Skins)....

And us when Archie Manning was playing. He was always running for his life.

Well I feel they tried  couple of years ago with the signing of the older Kahlil, and a few others, but they did lose a big piece in their starting pro bowl guard this year. Previous years before last year they ignored the line greatly. I could see them regressing this year. Even though they went after better receivers. They did not sign players who I would consider great route runners. That tradtionally assists with quick throws when there is bad o line. They went after speedsters, but that would insinuate that the QB has time in the pocket to throw the ball deep. 

Edited by Bonckers
louder likes this

2 hours ago, FloridaSaint said:

And us when Archie Manning was playing. He was always running for his life.

Until Zanders and Dobler manned the left side. Archie went to two straight pro bowls afterwards . Archie said it was fun playing behind Dobler. When the ball was snapped, the D-line went after him and not me. 

Edited by faceman
Bonckers, Slidell Saint and Richard like this

12 minutes ago, faceman said:

Until Zanders and Dobler manned the left side. Archie went to two straight pro bowls afterwards . Archie said it was fun playing behind Dobler. When the ball was snapped, the D-line went after him and not me. 

Wow I remember that!! Dobler was one mean SOB!!!

Bonckers likes this

14 minutes ago, FloridaSaint said:

Wow I remember that!! Dobler was one mean SOB!!!

Dobler is the only 0- lineman that ever made HOF DT Merlin Olsen loose his cool during a game. Years later,when Olsen was the color man with NBC's #1 broadcasting crew,he met with Doblers dad before a kickoff and shook his hand. Dobler's father said "you still have all your fingers? " 

watch?v=HrENha7E1xc

Edited by faceman