Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew

Sean Payton Loses Golf Bet to Doug Pederson

9 posts in this topic

Apparently, Payton and Pederson made a golf bet over a hole that Payton lost and now the Saints will wear their road white jersey at home for the week 11 game on 11/18.  Not sure what he would have won had the bet gone the other way.  I like the white jersey, so no big deal to me, just thought it was funny. 

https://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/07/eagles_doug_pederson_saints_sean_payton_made_a_bet_and_it_wi.html

Yeah, but I read an article that said Color rush white, no our normal white. I'm not a superstitous person, but the article I read also said we have not won in the white color rush. I would like to see an all black color rush.  

1 hour ago, nonyt said:

Yeah, right!  Like I really care what they wear.  As long as they(the Saints) win the game I don't care if they wear bermuda shorts.

I completely agree, the only way I would think the jersey color matters is if it were similar to the other team which could make it confusing for a QB.  However, that would effect both teams and the one team in white, another in dark pretty much eliminates that as an issue.  Anything that indicate a team plays better in one color or another is just a complete statistical anomaly.   I do think it is funny that they bet the jersey color over a golf hole though.

faceman likes this

1 hour ago, Drew said:

I completely agree, the only way I would think the jersey color matters is if it were similar to the other team which could make it confusing for a QB.  

It's a rule that one team wears dark and the other light. It was implemented years ago so a Qb knows what jersey to throw too.  

Bonckers likes this

4 hours ago, faceman said:

It's a rule that one team wears dark and the other light. It was implemented years ago so a Qb knows what jersey to throw too.  

I know which is why I stated the issue is pretty much eliminated by one team wearing white and another in dark in the next sentence. 

12 hours ago, Drew said:

I completely agree, the only way I would think the jersey color matters is if it were similar to the other team which could make it confusing for a QB.  However, that would effect both teams and the one team in white, another in dark pretty much eliminates that as an issue.  Anything that indicate a team plays better in one color or another is just a complete statistical anomaly.   I do think it is funny that they bet the jersey color over a golf hole though.

Color jerseys have historically played head games. During the 1970's the Home team usually wore dark. The Cowboys were an exception and chose white. The Redskins and Cardinals chose white for home games only when they played Dallas. The Cowboys played in 4 Sb's in that era,and still had a losing record wearing the dark jerseys