USAFSAINT

N/S Interesting video about Patriots

11 posts in this topic

The guy makes some pretty keen observations.  Could be bs could be totally accurate.... 

Edited by USAFSAINT

Watched it and even left a comment on YouTube so I'll just kinda paraphrase here.

I think the vast majority of the points the guy makes are very, very suggestive. Lot's of pretty strong opinions. I have a hard time believing Belichick has that much control over the outcome of a game. And I don't think Belichick had much to do with the last Patriot turnover or the trick-play TD to Foles.

Well done video, but he sounds like a butt-hurt Patriots fan that just can't accept the fact that they lost.  If Belichick was that upset with Kraft to not try his best to win a Super Bowl he would have retired.  Besides, just the thought of that is asinine.  Winning the Super Bowl is what drives these coaches, no grudge is going to be bigger than that. When the Patriots have another 13 win season, is he going to still say Belichick checked out?

On 6/29/2018 at 9:46 PM, Drew said:

Well done video, but he sounds like a butt-hurt Patriots fan that just can't accept the fact that they lost.  If Belichick was that upset with Kraft to not try his best to win a Super Bowl he would have retired.  Besides, just the thought of that is asinine.  Winning the Super Bowl is what drives these coaches, no grudge is going to be bigger than that. When the Patriots have another 13 win season, is he going to still say Belichick checked out?

He does make a good point though. Bellichick is mad at Kraft,and Brady is mad at Bellichick. It's all over sports radio now,and I'm sure you've heard. Bellichick wanted to franchise Garaffalo and Kraft said no. Reports say it's the first time Kraft ever veto'd a decision made by Bill.  

Just my 2 cents worth on this, this is just an example of how the Patriots are a business to Kraft. Garappolo was the heir apparent in Belichick's eyes, but Kraft had no intention of tying up money for 2 QB's. You'll never see the Patriots straining with the cap due to the fact that they get so many draft picks and they trade folks before their rookie contract is up. Besides, the Patriots have had the luxury of being in one of the most consistently bad divisions in the NFL. I truly believe Brady has benefited from this with the seedings for the playoffs which have led to his allegedly GOAT stats. When Belichik retires or leaves, they will implode in a spectacular fashion.

Bonckers and louder like this

I don’t see Belichick intentionally blowing a Super Bowl, even if he did want to sabotage the future of the Patriots.  

Drew likes this

10 hours ago, faceman said:

He does make a good point though. Bellichick is mad at Kraft,and Brady is mad at Bellichick. It's all over sports radio now,and I'm sure you've heard. Bellichick wanted to franchise Garaffalo and Kraft said no. Reports say it's the first time Kraft ever veto'd a decision made by Bill.  

He is probably a good lawyer who can make a point for anything.  Regardless of how pissed off Bellichick is at Kraft, do you really think he wouldn't give his best effort to win a Super Bowl?  Successful coaches all have a few things in common; two of the biggest is their desire to win and their inflated egos.  What helps his ego more and fills his desire to win, winning another Super Bowl or "getting back" at Kraft?  

12 hours ago, Drew said:

He is probably a good lawyer who can make a point for anything.  Regardless of how pissed off Bellichick is at Kraft, do you really think he wouldn't give his best effort to win a Super Bowl?  Successful coaches all have a few things in common; two of the biggest is their desire to win and their inflated egos.  What helps his ego more and fills his desire to win, winning another Super Bowl or "getting back" at Kraft?  

I agree Belichick didn't purposely throw a SB,but there are cracks in the Patriots foundation now. Gronkowski also hinted at retirement. Honestly, I believe Brady has played in his last Sb. 

The gun slinger likes this

39 minutes ago, faceman said:

I agree Belichick didn't purposely throw a SB,but there are cracks in the Patriots foundation now. Gronkowski also hinted at retirement. Honestly, I believe Brady has played in his last Sb. 

Played in? Maybe not, but he'll never win another with the Patriots. Whether or not he sabotaged the SB on purpose, Belicheat is undermining the Patriots behind the scenes. I think they have the benefit of a weak division, but their dynasty days are over.  Tom isn't going to play very much longer and Kraft has given away their future at QB. Belicheat is pimping his coordinators to other teams. It's only a matter of time.

IDK about pimping out his coordiantors. Josh McDaniels didn't leave. You don't get a much better QB postion than what the Colts and Lions offered in free agency. I think Bellicheck is counting his days in NE, but he talked McDaniels into coming back. So saying he is pimping them out may not be 100% accurate. They bnoth deserved HC gigs though after their long track history of succes. Saying that I am not sure McDaniels will be a good HC. Some coaches are better as coordiantors. 

Dru likes this

No he didn't pimp out his coordinators but every team,every coach makes there coordinators available to the rest of the league. As much as I'd love for this to be true,that Bellicheck threw the Superbowl,that is just false. He made a decision to have a smaller,faster in the secondary and it bit him in the rear. But to not play Butler at all was nonsense to me cause Butlers replacement was taken to the woodshed repeatedly. Face is right,there are cracks in the foundation. But to get there and say that Bellicheck intentionally threw the Superbowl is absurd.

faceman likes this