Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dru

Jameis Winston could be out for Week 1 versus Saints

13 posts in this topic

He's actually  very talented but you just don't where his head is from one minute to the next. It's not like this happened over night he's been like this in college. It seems like he's trying to hard to impress the people around him instead of being himself.

nolaspe and Bonckers like this

Definitely not a Newton fan here but I think it is a little unfair to compare the 2, to my knowledge (and to his credit) I've never heard of Newton getting into trouble off the field. Winston has been involved in multiple incidents going back to his time at FSU....totally different guys IMO

The gun slinger likes this

5 hours ago, sfidc2 said:

Definitely not a Newton fan here but I think it is a little unfair to compare the 2, to my knowledge (and to his credit) I've never heard of Newton getting into trouble off the field. 

While initially at Florida, Newton was arrested for stealing another student's laptop.  When the cops tracked it down, he tried to throw it out of his apartment window to try and hide it from the cops.  The charges were dropped after he completed a diversion program.

After transferring out of Florida to play JUCO ball, his dad and an agent were trying to get money out of schools in order for him to sign with said school.  Supposedly Cam himself knew nothing of the scheme.  The school most noted is Mississippi State, but who knows if there were others.  Newton was declared ineligible, but later the NCAA reinstated him, so believe what you want on that one.

Newton made a fairly sexist comment to a woman sports reporter during a live press conference saying that he thought it was, "funny to hear a female ask about running routes", or something to that effect.

They've both made some dumb decisions.  Both have made some sexist comments.  Make of it whatever you will.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=cam+newton+college+scandals&oq=cam+newton+college+scandals&aqs=chrome..69i57.4620j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Bonckers and The gun slinger like this

10 hours ago, Dru said:

While initially at Florida, Newton was arrested for stealing another student's laptop.  When the cops tracked it down, he tried to throw it out of his apartment window to try and hide it from the cops.  The charges were dropped after he completed a diversion program.

After transferring out of Florida to play JUCO ball, his dad and an agent were trying to get money out of schools in order for him to sign with said school.  Supposedly Cam himself knew nothing of the scheme.  The school most noted is Mississippi State, but who knows if there were others.  Newton was declared ineligible, but later the NCAA reinstated him, so believe what you want on that one.

Newton made a fairly sexist comment to a woman sports reporter during a live press conference saying that he thought it was, "funny to hear a female ask about running routes", or something to that effect.

They've both made some dumb decisions.  Both have made some sexist comments.  Make of it whatever you will.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=cam+newton+college+scandals&oq=cam+newton+college+scandals&aqs=chrome..69i57.4620j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Not sure whatever came of this,but Newton also damaged a rental home and was sued for 270.000. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cam-newton-being-sued-for-270000-after-reportedly-trashing-los-angeles-mansion/

On ‎06‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:19 PM, faceman said:

Not sure whatever came of this,but Newton also damaged a rental home and was sued for 270.000. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cam-newton-being-sued-for-270000-after-reportedly-trashing-los-angeles-mansion/

Oh I know he did some stuff in college but my point was he hasn't gotten arrested or done anything majorly bad since becoming a pro...just sayin.....

As a FSU fan I always hoped he would turn his stuff around, but I'm not sure he will. At the same token I am gald he hasn't as he is hindering the Yucs. I wonder if they sign him llng term now? That is somethignn they have to think about greatly very soon. Do they continue to build an offense aroun him, or do they try to find another QB. I think he is a great motivator when not eating his fingers, and he actually can read a defense and take a hit. But off the field should be a huge concern for any team.