Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dru

Julio Jones working with Terrell Owens

7 posts in this topic

What I can't understand is Jones is at the halfway point of his contract and he wants a revision to it but the fact that he's hanging around T.O. shouldn't surprise me. I wouldn't take financial advice from a guy who lost 80 million bucks but hey that's just me.

Richard likes this

There are negative things that can be said about TO, but his work ethic is not one of them.  He was a workout warrior.  Julio Jones doing a TO style workout could have a very scary affect on his play.

faceman likes this

On 6/19/2018 at 3:53 PM, The gun slinger said:

What I can't understand is Jones is at the halfway point of his contract and he wants a revision to it but the fact that he's hanging around T.O. shouldn't surprise me. I wouldn't take financial advice from a guy who lost 80 million bucks but hey that's just me.

It's called pride and I can see where he's coming from. He's the best Wr. in the league imo. He's making less than Antonio Brown,Mike Evans,DeAndre Hopkins,Sammy Watkins,Jarvis Landry,AJ Green and Davante Adams. Brown and Green are the only ones I'd put in the same class. It's a business,and  the part of the NFL I despise the most.  Careers are short,and this is the only leverage he has. If he waits till his contract expires, He'll be 32 and be competing against younger players like Beasley,Mathews,Neal,Freeman,and Deion Jones for his piece of the Falcons salary cap pie. Personally, I hope he succeeds in getting an extension paying him 17+ mil a year like Brown. It would prohibit the Falcons resigning some of their much younger key players. I also believe Lattimore will get better,while Jones has peaked. 

louder, Drew and Bonckers like this

If he adopts the work ethic TO has in the gym he'll be fine but if Jones listens to him and turns everything into a media circus things won't end well. There's no denying that TO was an all time great on the field but there's a reason all the teams he played for eventually  washed their hands of him. But you bring up a very good point Face,the NFL is a business and its sometimes harsh. Players have to make as much as they can while they can. You have to admit that the falcons front office is keeping a serious eye on him cause of the TO connection.

Bonckers likes this

19 hours ago, faceman said:

It's called pride and I can see where he's coming from. He's the best Wr. in the league imo. He's making less than Antonio Brown,Mike Evans,DeAndre Hopkins,Sammy Watkins,Jarvis Landry,AJ Green and Davante Adams. Brown and Green are the only ones I'd put in the same class. It's a business,and  the part of the NFL I despise the most.  Careers are short,and this is the only leverage he has. If he waits till his contract expires, He'll be 32 and be competing against younger players like Beasley,Mathews,Neal,Freeman,and Deion Jones for his piece of the Falcons salary cap pie. Personally, I hope he succeeds in getting an extension paying him 17+ mil a year like Brown. It would prohibit the Falcons resigning some of their much younger key players. I also believe Lattimore will get better,while Jones has peaked. 

I feel exactly the same way, I hope he is the highest paid WR in history when it is all said and done. And the Falcons are in cap hell and unable to acquire and resign some players that they should....