Bonckers

Cam Jordan came in at 26 in NFL top 100

5 posts in this topic

WE still ahve two guys left wh owill be top 20 Kamara, and Brees. I know Kamara is there, because when Kareem Hunt made the list they showed video of Kamara and said he had to wait a while to see his name come up. BTW Hunt was in the 30's. We all know Brees will be there too. Would be awesome if both make top 10. This list is made by player voting. 

https://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2018/06/cameron_jordan_nfl_network_top.html

Saints' Cameron Jordan joins NFL Network list of top 100 players for 2018

Updated 10:51 AM; Posted 10:48 AM
New Orleans Saints defensive end Cameron Jordan (94) celebrates after the wild card playoff game between the Carolina Panthers and New Orleans Saints at the Superdome on Sunday, January 7, 2018.  (Photo by Michael DeMocker, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune)
New Orleans Saints defensive end Cameron Jordan (94) celebrates after the wild card playoff game between the Carolina Panthers and New Orleans Saints at the Superdome on Sunday, January 7, 2018. (Photo by Michael DeMocker, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune)

37shares

By Christopher Dabe

cdabe@nola.com,

NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

Cameron Jordan became the fourth New Orleans Saints player listed on the NFL Network's list of top 100 players for 2018.

The network listed the All-Pro defensive end at No. 26 during the weekly unveiling Monday (June 11). He joined running back Mark Ingram (No. 43), wideout Michael Thomas (No. 81) and cornerback Marshon Lattimore (No. 82) on the list with quarterback Drew Brees sure to be listed in among the top 20.

The final 20 players will be listed in the weekly shows over the next two weeks.

The seven-year NFL veteran Jordan finished the 2017 season with career highs in sacks (13) and passes defensed (11). He also had 62 tackles, 17 for loss, two forced fumbles, an interception and scored the first touchdown of his career.

Jordan was not listed among the top 100 players in 2017. 

Also joining the list Monday was Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson at No. 23, down four spots from 2017. Peterson played in college at LSU.

The list is determined by a vote of NFL players.

The gun slinger, nolaspe and phil like this

I can't think of too many other players we've had that have been as consistent as him on defense. And to me he has battled through mediocrity to become one of the top defensive players in the NFL. For a long time it seemed he was just the best player on a bad defense but he has definitely proved his critics (like me) wrong. 

Bonckers, Dru and The gun slinger like this