Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew

See Michael Thomas in the slot, target Michael Thomas in the slot

7 posts in this topic

We all know how good he is because we see it with our eys, but every time you read numbers like what is in this article, it is mind-boggling.  I'm certain the only reason he can be targeted that high of a percentage of the time he is in the slot is because of the improved running game.  Teams may know they are going to throw to him, but they need to respect the run as well.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/fantasy-football-see-michael-thomas-in-the-slot-target-michael-thomas-in-the-slot

Bonckers likes this

They fail to realize how Thomas is getting better at creating separation and getting of the line of scrimmage with little wasted movement. He's a rare talent that you can move around to create matchup problems. Just like his uncle he's extremely physical and attacks the ball at it's highest point,he fights for every possession.

Bonckers likes this

Agreed, he is already a far better WR than his uncle (and a better teammate). And another example of a WR that doesn't need elite speed to be one of the very best. It is all about technique, quickness, strength and it doesn't hurt to have 6'3" size....he has got a chance to be one of the all time greats IMO...he definitely appears to have the work ethic and drive...

I might get blasted for this, but do you think that MT is already better than Colston?

Maybe at this exact same time in their career, I'll budge on that.  MT probably is more polished than Colston was going into his 3rd year.  But MT has two more superb years to pass Colston, in my eyes at least.

For the record, I asked a similar question about 3 years back regarding Cam Jordan versus Will Smith.  I said Jordan did not have the proof in the pudding to show he was better than the late Will Smith. Bonck in particular pounded the table and said he believed Jordan was better.  That has come to fruition and there is no contest.  

Some fun though to talk about our team's greatness and not our follies.

Bonckers likes this

Dru you make a very good point. I will say that Thomas right now is better than Colston was going into his 3rd year. Colston almost didn't make it out of Rookie camp, but put together the best career a Saints receiver has ever had. I loved loved Eric Martin growing up. Colston was far better, and Thomas if he stays a Saint and stays healthy will be better. I love his work ethic, and that he is a lot like Colston in he doesn't get mouthy. Colston at the time had unique size in only TO, and Megatron had similar builds. He had great hands and unbelievable body control. I still remmeber his rookie year being in awe with the falling backwards TD catches on goal to go plays. Similar to fade a away shot in basketball. Dude was great, and I was sad to see him go, but his body had enough. I am not saying MT is the best Saints WR ever right now, but Dru I agree that he could be better than any to have ever worn the black and gold when he is done. The only caveat being we may not be able to pay him in a couple of years. Time will tell. 

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:53 AM, Dru said:

I might get blasted for this, but do you think that MT is already better than Colston?

Maybe at this exact same time in their career, I'll budge on that.  MT probably is more polished than Colston was going into his 3rd year.  But MT has two more superb years to pass Colston, in my eyes at least.

For the record, I asked a similar question about 3 years back regarding Cam Jordan versus Will Smith.  I said Jordan did not have the proof in the pudding to show he was better than the late Will Smith. Bonck in particular pounded the table and said he believed Jordan was better.  That has come to fruition and there is no contest.  

Some fun though to talk about our team's greatness and not our follies.

No blasting here. Colston is my all time favorite Saint, he was criminally undervalued by a lot of Saints fans and criminally underrated by the NFL as a whole. He was a great WR who went into areas and made plays where most WR's wont. I have deep admiration for the man.

That said MT is better now than Colston ever was, and that is not easy for me to say, but it is the truth. He gets better separation, is just a bit more consistent catching the ball and he is willing to do the dirty work just like Colston was.

He has the potential to be an all time great, no he is not there yet, but if he can stay relatively healthy with his drive and work ethic he can get there....

Slidell Saint likes this