Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dru

T.O. just being T.O. Declines invitation to HOF Ceremony.

9 posts in this topic

Well he's always done things for attention be it positive or negative. He's always seemed disrespectful at times. Tell you what tho he has always showed up on the field but he let his mouth run him out of the league. It looks like he absent changed one bit. Now as for money problems,well that's his problem not the league or any team he's played for. It's his responsibility to look after his finances.

Drew likes this

I'm laughing quite a bit at this and in all honesty, I don't have a problem with that. The supposedly competent voters somehow refused his entry what, 2 years in a row, to one of the best receivers of all time and for what reasons exactly? Uuhhh he was a cancer blahblahblah, didn't see any of this fuss when they inducted a guy who'd stabbed a teammate with a pair of scissors or multiple guys with women abuse on their rap sheets. It's pathetic honestly. I don't know if TO won't go to Canton because he has money problems, because he doesn't like the place or as a final eff you to the incompetent group of voters but I can't fault him at all and I didn't ever think much of him in the first place either. 

Dru likes this

5 hours ago, Tuma said:

I'm laughing quite a bit at this and in all honesty, I don't have a problem with that. The supposedly competent voters somehow refused his entry what, 2 years in a row, to one of the best receivers of all time and for what reasons exactly? Uuhhh he was a cancer blahblahblah, didn't see any of this fuss when they inducted a guy who'd stabbed a teammate with a pair of scissors or multiple guys with women abuse on their rap sheets. It's pathetic honestly. I don't know if TO won't go to Canton because he has money problems, because he doesn't like the place or as a final eff you to the incompetent group of voters but I can't fault him at all and I didn't ever think much of him in the first place either. 

In all honesty, I'd you to elaborate more.  You make some decent points, but this is the Greatest Award of Your Lifetime and is a statement about your career.  You will be part of a brotherhood that is so elite.....  Forget the voters. Why do you distance yourself from that brotherhood?  He will never be fully accepted because of this.  Again, forget the voters, be a HOFer.

While I think TO misses out on a once in a life time moment, I'm glad he's standing up and making his point.  I think there are way to many POS voters that are an embarrassment and should not be on voting on HOF.  (that goes for baseball too)  TO is a first ballot HOFer, can't even argue against that.  The one reporter/voter that said ".. if I had know he wouldn't show up, I wouldn't have voted for him..."  Right there proves it's a tainted process.  This should have caused an uproar and that voter should have been fired.  He just admitted that screw merits, it's about popularity. 

selfishly, I hope TO keeps this up until the last minute, then shows up and gets his well deserved moment.

Dru and Bonckers like this

7 hours ago, Uptownsaint said:

While I think TO misses out on a once in a life time moment, I'm glad he's standing up and making his point.  I think there are way to many POS voters that are an embarrassment and should not be on voting on HOF.  (that goes for baseball too)  TO is a first ballot HOFer, can't even argue against that.  The one reporter/voter that said ".. if I had know he wouldn't show up, I wouldn't have voted for him..."  Right there proves it's a tainted process.  This should have caused an uproar and that voter should have been fired.  He just admitted that screw merits, it's about popularity. 

selfishly, I hope TO keeps this up until the last minute, then shows up and gets his well deserved moment.

A hall of Famer is a hall of famer. it doesn't matter which ballot you're selected on. Imo, Chris Carter was a first ballot HOF'er,but got passed over several years due to a logjam at the position. The hall cannot vote in more than 5 modern era players in a single year. Not everyone can be a first ballot selection. Case in point Willie Roaf. He was elected on the second ballot. Walter Jones and Orlando Pace were 1st ballot. Roaf was a better player than both. 

Great post Dru- It sums up my opinion perfectly

Dru likes this