Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidell Saint

NBA Finals - Cavs vs. Warriors IV

19 posts in this topic

Game 1 tips off at 8:00 NOLA time tonight.

LeBron James is clearly the best player in the NBA.  

But can he carry the Cavs enough to beat what is arguably the best team and certainly the best collection of talent on a single team in the NBA?

Who ya got?  

While I'm probably rooting for the Cavs, I think it will be Warriors in six.

1 hour ago, longsuffrin said:

LeBron could score 50 and still lose. I’m leaning towards a sweep but I’ll say GSW in 5.

I'm going  5 as well. LeBron is too good to be swept. 

I think the Tristan Thompson ejection at the end was bull diddly-poo.  If I were him, I would have thrown the ball at the ref's head after that ejection.  Of course, that would have gotten him in much more trouble, but that was an awful call.  The ref should be suspended.  He threw an elbow?!?.  Bull diddly-poo.

Slidell Saint and faceman like this

And J R Smith blew that game?!?  How are you not aware of the situation?  All he had to do was a simple put back to win the game at the end of the 4th.  Situational awareness fail.

Slidell Saint likes this

4 hours ago, dtgSaintsFan said:

And J R Smith blew that game?!?  How are you not aware of the situation?  All he had to do was a simple put back to win the game at the end of the 4th.  Situational awareness fail.

That blew my mind.  How can you not be aware of the score at that moment in the freaking Finals.  Not exactly aware of the score with 5 minutes to go in the 2nd?  Even as halftime approaches?  Maybe I buy that, though I think a professional athlete should always be aware of the situation at any moment in any game.  But with seconds draining in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, how can you not be aware that the score is tied???

LeBron James is doing everything in his power to win another championship for that franchise....but not so much for the rest of the team.  

Faceman I think said it...the Cavs would be a lottery team without LeBron James.

22 hours ago, Slidell Saint said:

That blew my mind.  How can you not be aware of the score at that moment in the freaking Finals.  Not exactly aware of the score with 5 minutes to go in the 2nd?  Even as halftime approaches?  Maybe I buy that, though I think a professional athlete should always be aware of the situation at any moment in any game.  But with seconds draining in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, how can you not be aware that the score is tied???

I can forgive a player for making a physical error. Nobody is perfect .Receivers drop perfect passes. Baseballs roll between the legs of Gold glovers. NBA players miss layups etc.etc. Mental errors are the real killers. I've watched sports for 50 years. The only plays I can think of at the moment that belong in the same category as Smith are : Chris Webber calling a timeout in the NCAA finals when Michigan didn't have one. The 2nd was Lonnie Smith's base running in game 7 of the 91 WS. He fell for a Chuck Knoblok fake instead of watching the 3rd base coach. His blunder probably cost the Braves a championship.

The above said, I believe Smith's mental error was worse. Webber and Smith knew what the score was. 

Slidell Saint likes this

2 hours ago, Slidell Saint said:

Warriors look strong with a 2-0 lead.

I'm afraid the Warriors have too much firepower for the Cavs to overcome. The Cavs may win one or even two at home. They had a chance to steal one on the  road in game 1 but blew it. I don't see them getting another chance again. This GS team reminds me a lot of the Showtime Lakers of the 80's. You'll be watching a close game,take a bathroom break,come back and they'll have a double digit lead. 

Slidell Saint likes this

After such great, competitive playoff series leading up to the Finals, I was disappointed with the Finals. Was hoping for a more competitive series.

We gave the Warriors a more competitive series than the Cavs did!

On 6/9/2018 at 0:18 PM, dtgSaintsFan said:

Very disappointing series.  I barely even tuned in for game 4.

Might as well hand them the trophy in 2019 as well. There are no teams currently constructed to beat this Warriors squad. Honestly, we maybe looking at another 3-4 years of the same outcome unless they begin to rot from the inside out at some point. The Warriors are just that more talented than everyone else & the style of offense they run fits their personnel better than any offense in NBA history outside of the Showtime Lakers.

I know.  Part of me wonders if it is even worth watching next season.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm still going to watch.  But it's more or less a foregone conclusion that Golden State will win again.