Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dru

Jayrone Elliott tries to make it 4 players from Glenville High, Cleveland

7 posts in this topic

Shoot I thought we had plenty of depth last year and we signed a guy off the street to start against the Panties in the playoffs. 

Edited by Bonckers

Its one thing to have depth but if we can get quality depth that is key. Any team can have extra bodies around but if you can maintain quality of play when starters go down that makes you dangerous. When we lost key staters on D our quality of play suffered,especially in the playoffs. 

IDK I felt the team actually still played well in the playoffs. I think the part that suffered more than anything was the pass rush when Okafor went down. Outsid eof him I though coverage was still going really well. 

We were getting run on late in the season and in the playoffs that made games tighter than they should've been. LB was hit the hardest. Klien was a big loss and it was felt,with him out we saw guys out of position and busted coverages. He was the QB of the D last year. I do get what your saying we had depth but I want us to continue improving that. I definitely don't want us to test it,if we stay healthy we can make it to Atlanta and show the biggest choke artists of all time how win a super bowl.

IDK I felt we didn't have an issue with missed coverage and out of alinment as much as the players outside of the CB's and Robertson were not sufficient enough to run man to man and we had to run more zone coverage. When you run zone coverages if you do not get pressure with the fornt 4 the opposing QB and WR's have time ot read and find soft spots in the defense. That is the biggest weakness of a zone scheme. You have to have great front rushers. I agree injuries caught up, but Teo was far better last year than any option after Robertson in the 16 season. I have no problem with him in ruinning situations. But he has to play zone as he cannot cover man to man well at all. That is his weakness. Also keep in mind when the season wears on and you get into the playoffs scheme help less as you are facing far better teams. I honestly don't know how good we could have been with no injuries to starters, but hopefully we find out this year. But history says that is unlikley. 

I keep coming back to the fact that in 09 we had more total team depth than any other year. Last year was close to it espeically on o line, but there was defficency at certain postions like TE and WR. This year my main concern is O line depth. OTA's, camp, and preseason will prove the quality of depth on the O line which may be stronger than a I thought. As well as all the other depth positions. Last year I was concerned about CB depth not LB, and we did damn fine. Even in the Rams game being down our two startnig CB's. BTW I am a little ocncerned about depth at RB. We will find out real quick how good that is. Also if Ingram (outside of the 4 game suspension) or Kamara miss anytime I feel we will be prepared going into the seaosn with Ingram skipping OTa's. I am curious how Trey Edmunds does as he showed great ball skills out of the backfiled last pre season. High pointing a huge sidline catch in the preseason last year. That and his ST's skills got him on the acctive 53 last year. This year he will be required to actually run the ball if he makes the team. I am interest in how Williams does he is a physical back who will probably have to take over the ingram pound game. But also not be one dimensional. It will be an interesting camp this year. Will he show enough for us to feel comfortbal letting Mark walk next off season? So many variable to watch this summer and preseason. The more I think about it every offensive positon has major battles for top reserves, starters, and the best 5 overall. Not to mention the defense as well, which we will have several different week 1 starters than last year.