Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zeke187

Taysom Hill

7 posts in this topic

Payton does love those injury players, I knew he had some injuries and trials. I didn't know it was that bad. great share thanks Zeke!

On 5/18/2018 at 5:52 AM, zeke187 said:

I had no idea what this kid had been through.  Hard not to root for him.

You have to love his mindset after everything he has been through. I'm really anxious to see him under center this upcoming preseason. His physical gifts are not questionable. I still remember his game against Texas in Austin where he shredded the Longhorns with his running ability (259 rush yards).

The questions surrounding Hill are of course durability,  can he learn & adapt to a vertical NFL passing attack & accuracy. While at BYU, that offense was a heavy zone read style of offense very similar to Auburn's so he wasn't asked to read coverages or make many audibles on his own. This has been a much talked about issue concerning college QBs who come from a heavy zone read offense. When it comes to accuracy, he has to improve & be better than the 58% completion percentage he had a BYU. I'm sure improved mechanics & playing in a more pass friendly offense with many more weapons will help but it's still something to watch this preseason.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/taysom-hill-1.html

Kinsey and Saint ATN like this

Both him and Barrett intrigue me. Barrett has the same questions about him as well. Barrett has a stronger arm but Hill seems to have that it factor that you ether have or you don't. It's gonna be interesting to see how this plays out in training camp.

On 5/18/2018 at 8:33 PM, Bonckers said:

Coul be the Steve Young type of scenario sitting behind a great veteran could help mold the mobile BYU QB. 

One also has to wonder how much has Young mentored Hill? Young said he felt Hill could even be better than he was which says something about the talent Hill possesses. The brotherhood among players who attended the same university is real & you have to imagine that Young has taken Hill under his wing in some capacity over his early career. Be able to work with a current Hall of Famer as well as a future Hall of Famer is something that many inexperienced QBs don't get the opportunity to do.

Richard and The gun slinger like this