Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dtgSaintsFan

Avengers: Infinity War

10 posts in this topic

I won't give away spoilers.

Will say that it did it's job as the set-up piece for the finale due out next year.

I thought parts of it were amazing and very satisfied with the serious/darker tone given the way it had to end.

I also thought maybe they tried to cram a little too much into one movie.

I will say that Thanos is a great, complex villain!

zeke187 likes this

If you read the comics, they actually left out a lot and seems to have arked actually 2 Infinity Stone stories into one absorbable movie. It is as brutal and also not as brutal as the comics and a great deal has been left out but the story still carries. The buildup for this has been 10 years and it lived up to the hype. You need the understanding of the other movies to get all the jokes and quips or appreciated the depth of the meetings and how they were handled. Thanos is handled with the deftness and depth that was needed to convey the breadth of the character, they seriously pulled the character off spectacularly, IMO. He was drawn too silly for my case in the comics, whereas this representation is to the 'T' except he spends too much time with his helmet off. In the comics he's always wearing it, that is really the only difference in how he was portrayed. It felt like a complete film but it also exhibited the need for the known sequel. It was very Empires Strikes Back in that way. It is part of a larger story but it stands alone on its own merits. This made Justice League look like a plaything and DC is going to have a hard time upping the decade set up this film pulled off. Many films will have a hard time reaching this type of epic cast and scale and scope. This movie and its follow up will be THE standard these types of films will be judged against for quite some time. 

Went and saw it last night, it did not disappoint.  

The only plot criticism I had is, Starlord's faux pas. It seem too contrived.

Definitely agree though, Thanos was impressive.

Saint ATN likes this

Saw it last night.  I anticipated this release and had high expectations.  This movie exceeded them.  AMAZING movie.  Action packed.  And if your a comic book nerd like me, you’ll love it.

Saint ATN likes this