Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dru

N/S Reuben Foster charged with 3 felonies

29 posts in this topic

Dude is going down.

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster has been charged with felony domestic violence, prosecutors announced today.

“Foster, 24, physically attacked the 28-year-old woman during a February argument at their Los Gatos home, leaving her bruised and with a ruptured ear drum,” the Santa Clara District Attorney’s office said in a statement.

Prosecutors charged Foster with one felony for that violent act, another felony for forcefully attempting to prevent the victim from reporting the crime, and a third felony for possessing an assault weapon. Foster is also charged with a misdemeanor for possessing a large capacity magazine. The charges could carry up to 11 years in prison.

The 49ers drafted Foster in the first round last year despite questions about character issues that had some teams reportedly taking him off their draft boards. Team owner Jed York was noncommittal last month about whether Foster has a future with the team. Foster will also be subject to league discipline, with the NFL conducting its own investigation that could find him in violation of the league’s personal conduct policy even if he is acquitted.

1 hour ago, Saint ATN said:

I'd like to thank Lynch and company for jumping up in front of us and making sure we didn't make this mistake. This kid threw away his talent and his chance at a retirement from this league. 

8:28 p.m.

Marathe has been talking trade for 97 minutes, and Foster is still sliding. Finally, a deal is struck. With 19 seconds left in Seattle’s slot at 31, the teams confirm to the NFL that San Francisco will send 34 and 111 to Seattle for the 31st pick … and the teams get the trade done moments before New Orleans at 32 would have jumped in to pick Foster.

This is the way the draft works: When a team’s 10-minute period in the first round is up and a card has not been turned in with a player’s name on it, the next team in the queue is on the clock. Theoretically, if the Saints had been standing at the NFL draft command with Reuben Foster's name on the draft card and been ready to hand it in, the Saints could have trumped San Francisco and picked Foster.

Nineteen seconds. That’s all that stood between the Niners drafting Foster and potentially losing him. Knowing it’s a done deal, Lynch gets on the phone with Foster to tell him the good news.

The call between Lynch and Foster has been well-documented, but here’s what you might not know: Foster is watching the draft on TV at a draft party, and the TV is slightly behind the real action. Lynch is trying to convince Foster that it’s the 49ers on the clock, not Seattle, and he’s trying to convince Foster that it’s going to be San Francisco, not Seattle or New Orleans, that is about to become his NFL team.

Foster, on the phone, sounds pained.

“It’s too late coach!” Foster says.

“No, you’re gonna be a Niner!” Lynch says.

Foster: “NO NO NO! Don’t play with me! Don’t do this to me!”

Finally, Lynch convinces Foster—a Niners fan as a kid and a fan of star Niners linebacker Patrick Willis in high school—it’s real, and Foster brightens.

Rarely, if ever, does a team stay in full attention mode for nearly four hours of Round 1. But that’s what these Niners did. For the first and only time all night, the emotion is released. Lynch, off the phone, hugs every scout and coach and owner in the place. Everyone hugs everyone, in fact.In the shrill emotion of the moment, Lynch gives in to the only we-know-what-we’re-doing-moment of the day. Lynch hollers to his vice president of medical services and head athletic trainer, Jeff Ferguson: "You guys worried about his shoulder?"

"What shoulder!" Ferguson hollers back, and more laughter ensues.

10:44 p.m.

It’s a ghost town inside Levi’s Stadium. The draft has been done for two hours, the parties have been dispersed, and here, around a circular table in a private room in Michael Mina’s Bourbon Steak and Pub restaurant, sit the men who ran the show in the draft room: Lynch, Shanahan, Peters, Mayhew, Marathe, Jed York, president Al Guido and media VP Bob Lange.

Lynch holds a “Read Option” in a cocktail tumbler. He didn’t expect to be drinking until after the draft. About a month ago, after being on the road with the scouts and ending most nights with a drink, or being in the Marriott with some of the staff and ending those nights with a drink, or being at the league meetings in March in Phoenix and ending those nights with a drink, he said, No more. Not until after the draft. But on this night, seeing Lynch without a drink, Shanahan says to him, “Come on, man. We just had a great night.”

And so one Read Option, which is quite a drink (Hakushu 12-year-old single-malt Japanese whisky, Canton ginger, yellow Chartreuse, pomegranate, lemon, agave), leads to another. And the men pick at a buffet of coconut lime shrimp ceviche, Ahi tuna poke, Moroccan spiced lamb pita and chimichurri skirt steak.

“What are you feeling?” someone asks Lynch.

“Joy,” he says. “We just got two of our three favorite players in this draft, and we’re still in play tomorrow and Saturday to have good days there too. I mean, you never know. Check back in three to five years. But we just got two game-changing players.”

"Reuben's gonna bust a lot of coverages," Shanahan chimes in.

"You know," Lynch says, "I remember spending time with Reuben. I wrote this down in my notes: I asked him, 'You like to hit people, don't you?' He said, 'You gotta make 'em feel it!"

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/11/nfl-john-lynch-san-francisco-49ers-draft-solomon-thomas-reuben-foster-bears-trade

idjut.gif

Thank you, BigBrod81.  That was GOLDEN!  And tarnished the gold on the Snotty Whiners at the same time!  BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The only thing better than all of this is that my obnoxious brother in law is a die hard Snotty Whiner homer and an LSU apologist.  He was dancing around in glee last year after the draft.  All that I can say now is:  Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Bonckers, bigbrod81, nolaspe and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, The gun slinger said:

You can't fix stupid. This dude is stuck in that gear.

Aldon Smith is even worse. I really believe that Smith has serious issues psychologically.

Aldon Smith arrested for violating court order

Former Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49erslinebacker Aldon Smith was arrested again Friday for violating a court order to stay away from a woman who said he assaulted her earlier this month.

Smith, 28, turned himself into San Francisco police Friday morning, according to police.

Smith was booked on three misdemeanor charges of violating a protective order. He had contacted the woman, who was his fiancée, leading police to issue a warrant for his arrest. Smith has pleaded not guilty to four misdemeanors -- domestic violence, assault with force likely to produce great bodily injury, false imprisonment and vandalism -- stemming from the incident.

The woman called police March 3 after suffering what San Francisco police said were non-life-threatening injuries.

Smith said he would enter substance abuse rehab after the previous arrest.

Smith, a first-round pick of the 49ers in 2011 and a first-team All-Pro in 2012, has had several run-ins with the law. He has been arrested on DUI charges multiple times and has previously faced weapon charges that were later reduced.

Smith played nine games for Oakland in 2015, with seven starts, and had 3.5 sacks. But the NFL, in reaction to his numerous brushes with the law and the league's substance abuse policy, suspended Smith for a year on Nov. 17, 2015, and has yet to reinstate him.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22884767/former-san-francisco-49er-oakland-raiders-player-aldon-smith-arrested-again-according-report

Ex-NFLer Aldon Smith had .40 BAC when he was arrested last week

Troubled former NFL linebacker Aldon Smith had a blood alcohol content of .40 when he arrived at the San Francisco Sheriff's Department last week, prosecutors said Wednesday, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Such a BAC level is more than five times the legal limit in California. And, according to webmd.com, a .40 "is life-threatening" and "could put you in a coma."

According to the Chronicle, San Francisco Assistant District Attorney Courtney Burris said the Smith incident was "evidence of a severe alcohol issue," and it was recommended that he go to a rehab facility.

Smith was booked Friday for violating a condition of his electronic monitoring while on bail. He was arraigned on three charges of violating a protective order, which was issued when he was arraigned March 12 for his original domestic violence charges stemming from a March 3 incident with his then-fiancée. He turned himself in on those charges on March 23 but failed to show for a court appearance two weeks ago before making his appearance last week. He was ordered to wear an ankle monitor that monitors alcohol use through sweat.

Smith, 28, is being held on $500,000 bond.

Smith, a first-round pick of the San Francisco 49ers in 2011 and a first-team All-Pro in 2012 who had 44 sacks in his first three seasons, has had several run-ins with the law. He has been arrested on DUI charges multiple times and has previously faced weapon charges that were later reduced.

Smith played nine games for the Oakland Raiders in 2015, with seven starts, and had 3.5 sacks. But the NFL, in reaction to his numerous brushes with the law and the league's substance abuse policy, suspended Smith for a year on Nov. 17, 2015, and has yet to reinstate him.

The Raiders released him last month, following the March 3 incident with his then-fiancée, who told TMZ Sports on Sunday that she is no longer in a relationship with Smith.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23121725/former-oakland-raider-san-franciso-49er-aldon-smith-had-40-bac-was-arrested

The Deadspin article in the link below was released in July of 2016, while Smith was still suspended. When the article came out with this video embedded into it, I originally said wow, what an idiot too. Honestly, if you open the link & watch the video, it's hard not to laugh but knowing what I know now, this is serious. Smith will kill himself or someone else if he doesn't receive the proper help asap.

https://deadspin.com/raiders-lb-aldon-smith-allegedly-live-streams-video-of-1784257476

These two guys have serious problems. In their minds they think they're acting normal but both their actions are far from normal. How do you help these guy? I don't know. But lots of times they're the only ones that can fix them. They have to realize that what they're doing is not normal and until that happens well more of this nonsense will continue.

29 minutes ago, The gun slinger said:

These two guys have serious problems. In their minds they think they're acting normal but both their actions are far from normal. How do you help these guy? I don't know. But lots of times they're the only ones that can fix them. They have to realize that what they're doing is not normal and until that happens well more of this nonsense will continue.

This is why every time we get to draft season, I get on my soapbox & say that character matters. For every one Tyrann Mathieu, there are 10 Aldon Smith's. It's also why I keep saying I would not touch Arden Key no matter the round. Just too many red flags & this is coming from a Tiger fan.

You hit it on the head face. Character is huge. Teams often overlook the red flags because of talent and it backfires more often than not. And yes I'm a LSU fan as well,but would stay clear of Key,he's a lazy good for nothin who should've stayed in school but I doubt it would've helped him much.

Man, f*ck this POS. I'm so glad Lynch swooped in to draft him. Foster drug his girlfriend by her hair, physically threw her out his house & then punched her 8-10 times so hard it burst her eardrum.

Dal-QnkXUAAnOLU.jpg:large

13 hours ago, The gun slinger said:

In the case of Foster, his mom was shot by his own father while she held him in her arms at 18 months old. Reuben ended up being hit as well. That's a traumatic event for anyone yet even moreso for a very young child. Who knows what type of damge was psychologically to Foster because of it. I'm not making excuses for Foster's actions of course but knowing this helps understand what his problems stem from.

After looking back at this thread from the DraftZone, this situation played out just like many of us thought it would. Maybe we should forward it to all 32 teams & try to get scouting department jobs. 😂😂😂 After re-reading it, I'm done being shocked at the factors teams will look over to justify drafting a player. It goes back to my point that some NFL executives have no clue as to what they are doing. 

Brian Milici likes this

He needs to send him a kevlar vest. Dude took a huge bullet. The good thing for John is he has tons of draft capital to make up for it this year. I didn't like him coming out of college for a lot of reasons, but the funny thing is character wasn't the main reason. I really hope we stay clear of Key. Even if he goes undrafted. 

Dru likes this

On 4/13/2018 at 0:08 PM, nonyt said:

Sean Payton needs to send John Lynch a fruit basket for jumping in front of that bullet.

Not only did we avoid a pick that would have turned into a disaster, we wouldn't have had Ryan Ramczyk.  Our defense did just fine without Foster, and granted they would have been even better with Foster, however the offensive line would have been screwed without Ramczyk.  No way we win the division if the draft didn't fall the way it did.

faceman, louder, boricko and 6 others like this

On 4/13/2018 at 10:37 AM, bigbrod81 said:

In the case of Foster, his mom was shot by his own father while she held him in her arms at 18 months old. Reuben ended up being hit as well. That's a traumatic event for anyone yet even moreso for a very young child. Who knows what type of damge was psychologically to Foster because of it. I'm not making excuses for Foster's actions of course but knowing this helps understand what his problems stem from.

After looking back at this thread from the DraftZone, this situation played out just like many of us thought it would. Maybe we should forward it to all 32 teams & try to get scouting department jobs. 😂😂😂 After re-reading it, I'm done being shocked at the factors teams will look over to justify drafting a player. It goes back to my point that some NFL executives have no clue as to what they are doing. 

My neighbor basically had the same thing happen to him when he was a kid. Look that is a traumatic thing to happen to a kid but what separates him from ending up the same way as Foster is he didn't use that as a crutch. It's not what happens to you it's the decisions you make after.

Saints talked to Reuben Foster’s girlfriend during draft

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 16, 2018, 5:48 AM EDT
gettyimages-894362374.jpg?w=560&h=316&cr
Getty Images

Things worked out for the Saints because the guy they picked at the end of the first round turned out to be a good player. But as importantly for them, things worked out because they didn’t get a chance to take linebacker Reuben Foster.

Saints coach Sean Payton told Peter King of SI.com that he thought they’d have still taken tackle Ryan Ramczyk with the 32nd pick even if the 49ers hadn’t traded in front of them to take Foster 31st last year. But he admitted they were considering Foster, and were on the phone with his girlfriend during the draft.

Foster said after last year’s draft that the Saints were on the phone with him leading up to their pick, and indicated they wanted to take him. They also wanted to talk to his girlfriend, asking if she was going to be able to help Foster stay out of trouble.

This was part of our fact-finding late in the round,” Payton said. “I hadn’t had a chance to meet his girlfriend during the pre-draft process, and we were still in the process of deciding. I think we were going to take Ramczyk anyway, but I wanted to talk to her about Reuben.”

Foster won’t be participating in the 49ers offseason program, after he was charged with felony domestic violence. He’s accused of dragging her by the hair, punching her in the head a number of times and puncturing her eardrum. The team keeping him at arm’s length is a preemptive move, since the league hasn’t put him on the commissioner’s exempt list as they have done in similar cases.

So while the Saints can breathe a sigh of relief for avoiding that problem, Payton couldn’t get away from the human issues.

“It’s tragic, and it’s sad,” Payton said. “I just feel awful when those things happen.”

As it pertains to football, Ramczyk became part of a brilliant draft class along with cornerback Marshon Lattimore, safety Marcus Williams, and running back Alvin Kamara. But even though they liked Ramcyzk, a sturdy tackle from Wisconsin, it’s hard to ignore the idea that the 49ers did them an inadvertent favor.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/16/saints-talked-to-reuben-fosters-girlfriend-during-draft/

Edited by FloridaSaint

Man, I missed on Reuben. Really thought he was a risky player with the issues during the combine and knowing his past and how Saban "keeps his guys out of trouble" in Tuscaloosa, but this is terrible news for him. Can't celebrate even the loathsome 49ers suffering here because I feel for that girl. And Reuben's life could seriously be in a spiral downward. Work all your life to put yourself in a better place than where you were born into and then self-destruct. Just sad in every regard.

Bonckers, bigbrod81, Chuck and 2 others like this

Now she's recanting.  I don't see how this would be that difficult to investigate.  You either had a ruptured eardrum, or you didn't.  You either went to the doctor for that, or you didn't.  When the police saw her, she either had some swelling / bruising from being punched multiple times or she didn't.  As the World Turns.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23532216/san-francisco-49ers-reuben-foster-accuser-says-lied-alleged-domestic-violence-incident

bigbrod81 and Bonckers like this

23 hours ago, Dru said:

Now she's recanting.  I don't see how this would be that difficult to investigate.  You either had a ruptured eardrum, or you didn't.  You either went to the doctor for that, or you didn't.  When the police saw her, she either had some swelling / bruising from being punched multiple times or she didn't.  As the World Turns.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23532216/san-francisco-49ers-reuben-foster-accuser-says-lied-alleged-domestic-violence-incident

This whole story sounds fishy. Apparently the girlfriend was involved in road rage fight the day before her incident with Foster. The road rage fight was supposed to have been captured on cell phone video & turned into the DA's office. Part of Foster's girlfriend's recanting says she received her injuries during the road rage fight so who knows at this point. Either she made up this story to ruin Foster or Foster & his lawyer paid her off to change up her story. While the chances look better for him now to beat this domestic abuse charge, he still has the felony charge there in California surrounding a rifle found in his home that is illegal in that state as well as a marijuana charge in the state of Alabama.

Back in the day,my girlfriend at the time used to watch a soap opera the intro was As the sands in the hour glass,so are the days of our lives. I'm glad we passed on this dude.

Bonckers likes this