Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidell Saint

Solo - A Star Wars Story

16 posts in this topic

That did look great, at first I was like this has to be some other Star Wars stuff since the movies have been dropping in December... once I figured out we'll get the Solo movie in May, the Schwartz was in full schwing w/ me lol...

Bonckers likes this

Planning to see it this weekend. Got mixed reviews. One critic that I read said that it was hard to adjust to a new actor playing Han Solo since we know Harrison Ford as both young Solo and old Solo.

Anyone else going to see it?

Ok, we need a "spoiler" thread so we can discuss this movie....I have questions and thoughts that only another Star Wars geek can appreciate.

dtgSaintsFan likes this

Saw it and liked it. I’ll say that I liked Rogue One a lot better. But Solo was still an enjoyable movie that filled in a lot of the details on Han Solo. 

Everyone see it yet?

No spoilers, yet, but I'd like to know what y'all thought of the actors playing younger versions of Han and Lando.  

Personally I thought Glover played it much closer to Billy Dee Williams version of Lando than Ehernreich's version of Han.  But Glover wasn't trying to cover an iconic character played by an iconic actor, either.

I went ans watched it. It was good, but definitley does not have the same feel as any of the other Star Wars movies. BTW my 12 year old daughtetr who loved all of the other Star Wars movies liked it and said it felt different too. We are finishing the Hobbit series tonight and moving onto the Lord of the Rings Thursday night. 

Yeah we finsihed them, and she loved them. Her and I are arguing as why I believe that Gandolf is a better wizard than Dumbledor. She aint having it though.