Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nolaspe

Pels make a trade...

9 posts in this topic

More details...

Jameer Nelson was also part of the trade.   We also get the Bulls 2nd round draft pick this year. And the the 1st we give up is top 5 protected in 2018. 

Also word that the Pels are courting free agent and NOLA native Greg Monroe whose contract was just bought out by Phoenix. 

At least they aren’t sitting on their hands after the Cousins injury. They are making some reasonable moves to add pieces to replace Boogie’s production.

Part of me was afraid they were going to blow the whole thing up after Cousins went down. These moves tell me that they are trying to salvage the season and are committed to building around Davis and Cousins long term.

16 hours ago, Slidell Saint said:

More details...

Jameer Nelson was also part of the trade.   We also get the Bulls 2nd round draft pick this year. And the the 1st we give up is top 5 protected in 2018. 

Got to correct something here and it's kinda funny.  Apparently we get our own 2nd round pick back.  We traded it to Chicago last year along with Quincy Pondexter.  

A little confused on this trade. I like the trade, but the indications are bit headscratching. The main hurdle holding this one up was the guarantee of Mirotic's option for next year. The Pels didn't want to tie up the money (eventually agreed to guarantee to get trade done) so they don't go over the luxury tax if able to resign Boogie. So their thought was to give up a draft pick for Mirotic rental to replace Boogie down the stretch.

Trust me, I'm sick of waiting for this team to put everything together. And I imagine AD is growing restless. But when Cousins went down... Just seems if you're giving up picks, make it for a wingman on a decent contract for the future. Anybody think that AD/Jrue/Mirotic gets past Houston or Spurs this year?

Let's say we get past round one and lose valiantly in the second round against a superior team. We sign Boogie to a max in the offseason and now have to move Mirotic in a salary dump. We ain't getting a first rounder back of equal value.

I like the move, just confused about what it means moving forward. A one year insurance policy if Boogie goes elsewhere?

I like Niko’s hustle and adding Okafor and Liggins should bolster our rebounding.

The Pels are 3-5 since Boogie went down but 2-1 on this last road trip and are clinging to the 8th seed. I feel like they’re “this close” to turning the corner.

Slidell Saint and Dru like this

18 hours ago, longsuffrin said:

I like Niko’s hustle and adding Okafor and Liggins should bolster our rebounding.

The Pels are 3-5 since Boogie went down but 2-1 on this last road trip and are clinging to the 8th seed. I feel like they’re “this close” to turning the corner.

I was worried (and still am concerned) after they went 1-4 in the first five games post-Boogie.

They were gaining momentum and seemed to find their "playoff rhythm" before the injury and have seemed just off ever since.

Getting to the playoffs, even the 8th seed, should be seen as a win for this team right now and hopefully provides something to build on.

Dru and longsuffrin like this