Bonckers

Free agency talk

344 posts in this topic

Such is an awesome player and would love for him to be a Saint. I watched him when he played for the Lions and hated his dirty plays but I haven’t heard anything about that since he went to Miami. 

Says he has a lot to think about after his meet & greet with the Saints. Looks like he is now off to Nashville to visit the Titans.

Typically if they are going to sign, they don’t leave right? 

So not such a good sign despite what he’s saying?

Or is it both sides being cautious?

3 minutes ago, Slidell Saint said:

Well, I am not sure how it is with NFL players. But, I know for me, personally, I like to explore several opportunities before my final decision. Then again, I am not having millions of dollars thrown at me, either. Hopefully, though, he is just being smart and making the rounds before deciding.

7 minutes ago, Boris said:

He’s probably going to go to the highest bidder amongst playoff contenders.

Or, quite possibly, the highest bidder in general. If he does that, you'll know where he places his priorities as a football player.

31 minutes ago, Slidell Saint said:

So far he has spoken to the Seahawks over the phone, visited the Saints & is now on his way to talk with the Titans. From everything I've seen, these are the only suitors so far. If Suh is doing his due diligence with all the franchise's who are interested, I like our chances at the end of the day. 

You have to wonder where the Saints will get the money to sign Suh.  However, I recall a couple of years ago the Saints were working cap miracles to sign Josh Norman, but he ended up with the Redskins.

If he doesn’t sign with the Saints I’d much rather see him go to the Titans than Seattle.

i think guaranteed money will be the key, as he ‘only’ collected on a little over half of his $114 million contract with Miami.  Our assistant Campbell was his head coach when he signed in Miami, so that can’t hurt.  I’m sure the Saints will be creative with their offer.

But the Titans are about $50 million under the cap; they rolled over $30 million from last year!

Edited by Boris
louder and bigbrod81 like this

Ndamukong Suh leaves Saints after visit, headed to Titans

It appears New Orleans will have to wait to see if they’ve landed a big fish in the bayou, as Suh is on to the next stop

By John J. Hendrix@JohnJHendrix  Mar 17, 2018, 4:41pm CDT

900113954.jpg.0.jpg

Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images

The Ndamukong Suh tour has at least one more stop on the agenda, as he’s reportedly left New Orleans after his Saturday afternoon visit with the Saints. According to Jordan Schultz of Yahoo Sports, Suh was heading to Nashville to visit with the Tennessee Titans.

Schultz added that Suh wanted to take his time and evaluate his plethora of options with his family. Suh has drawn interest from the Seahawks and Cowboys, although Dallas was reportedly out of the running. It wouldn’t be surprising to see more teams pop up on the radar to potentially land the hot defensive tackle free agent.

The Saints have been linked to some big names during the early stages of free agency, and several of the moves already made were quality additions. A big splash like Suh would make the team’s front four absolutely terrifying, but perhaps there are other players (like the recently released Johnathan Hankins) who might pop up on their radar.

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2018/3/17/17127498/ndamukong-suh-leaves-saints-after-visit-headed-to-titans-nfl-rumors-free-agency

12 hours ago, Boris said:

But the Titans are about $50 million under the cap; they rolled over $30 million from last year!

That's a lot of cap space to play with which makes me nervous about Suh visiting the Titans. They also were a playoff team last season who managed to get a win in KC Wild Card weekend. They have built themselves a pretty good defense there in Nashville over the last few years. I don't think the Titans are Super Bowl contenders but they legitimate playoff contenders because of that defense.

Edited by bigbrod81

Tennessee can give more money than we can... 

If Suh wants the money, he signs with the Titans.

If Suh wants a title, he signs with the Saints

Well if we don't hear anything today we need to turn our attention to Jonathan Hankins. He's younger,cheaper and every bit as disruptive. If we get Suh great if not get Hankins and we will be solid.

6 hours ago, BlackNGold4Life said:

I’m reading now where Suh may visit the Rams... Game.Over

Suh along side Aaron Donald? Is that even legal?

I get the impression that Suh is no rush to sign with any team at the moment. He will do his visits then decide which situation is best for him both on & off the field.

Bonckers and louder like this

Suh is doing what he has to do to get the best deal he can get.  I respect that.

But I certainly don't want us to get into a bidding war for him.  My "buyer beware" opinion on Suh still stands.

Let's make an offer and give him a deadline to consider it.  If he passes...move on.

Bonckers and zeke187 like this

If he was going to sign with us he would've done it by now. He's not going to come out and say it but he's looking for a lot of cash so I say we go after Hankins. With Suh Loomis would have to do some serious miracles to land him,Suh is gonna sign for some major cash.

xardoz likes this

Suh appears willing to meet with all of the contenders interested in his services.   I think he lives close to Seattle, so maybe that will be his last stop after the Rams.

Since he is 31, and this will probably be his last big contract, I think he wants to make sure that he is happy with wherever he signs.  I am sure he can be happy in a few different places.  Then he will figure the money into his final decision.  He is being patient and comprehensive, and he is good enough that he will probably not leave any deal on the table.

I can see him collecting offers from the places he prefers and then making his decision. Chemistry, chance of getting a championship, and the most guaranteed money will be the top factors. 

Pretty smart defensive tackle.

Edited by Boris

Almost seems unfair to the NFC interior lineman union if Suh gets paired up with Donald. I feel like there's a good reason this has pretty much never happened in the NFL. Donald is into his 5th year option, becoming a FA next year. Can the Rams sink that much money into their DTs by 2019? Things in their favour include rookie contracts for Goff, Gurley, Kupp. And their trade of Robert Quinn. I feel like they'd be storing up problems for themselves if they sign Suh, but nobody wants to see them do it! 

Edited by Kinsey
Typo
Bonckers likes this

Just saw on twitter that Eric Decker is visiting us. He could make a very good possession receiver as a big target. Could be serious help on 3rd down. Just curious as to how much he has left in the tank. 

26 minutes ago, Bonckers said:

Just saw on twitter that Eric Decker is visiting us. He could make a very good possession receiver as a big target. Could be serious help on 3rd down. Just curious as to how much he has left in the tank. 

Coach weighed in on this today....

Saint ATN and Bonckers like this