Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herb

Draft Day Predictions

9 posts in this topic

So, I figured it would be good to have a draft day(s) post on final predictions of who the Saints will select.

Since today is just round 1, I'll limit my picks to predictions (guesses) for those picks.  I'm also putting down an "alternate reality" prediction....

11. Hasaan Reddick, LB, Temple (Barnett gets snatched up before we pick and none of the other DEs grade out at essentially a top 10 pick)
32. Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado (with Gareon Conley off the board for legal cloud issue, Awuzie becomes the next prototypical corner after Lattimore)

Alternate reality...

11. Trade with Giants who move up to select DeShawn Watson as eventual replacement for Eli Manning.  Saints get extra picks this year and next.
23. Saints select Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan - Charlton is a slight bit of a project but has a high ceiling at a position of need.
32. Kevin King, CB, Washington - King has quietly risen up the boards of many teams.

57 minutes ago, faceman said:

11. Charles Harris DE Missouri.

32. Cb Tre White LSU

I like Harris a lot Face, he has more athleticism than Barnette. If Barnette is gone I would not complain, but I want the proven production for 3 straight years over potential. It's like saying Ryan Leaf was good in college and has a better arm than Peyton. Ok, but Peyton produced at a high level for a longer period. I know it is hard to compare QB's to DE's, but I want production in the SEC every day over a 1 or 2 year wonder. 

11. Derek Barnette

32. Adoree Jackson

Dru and faceman like this

I can see a lot of these options.  The Corners are so needed in this pass happy league, I think Tre White and Adoree Jackson will both be gone by 32.  Those two provide different things, but both athletic, both played a lot in their careers and both offer return skills.  If that's the case and they are gone, we might settle then for Awuzie like Herb has in his predictions or simply best defensive player available.  Or do we go for the heir apparent to Zach Strief and pick up someone like OT Garett Bolles.  (I think our staff, think, has decided to leave Peat on the left side to ensure his development)  I also believe there are a dozen different possibilities for us with the 32nd pick including trading down or up, BDPA, or even TE Evan Engram.  I'll take two that you guys already put up there.

11.  Derek Barnette

32.  Chidobe Awuzie

Bonckers likes this

5 hours ago, faceman said:

everyone here is 0-4 lol. Just goes to show trying to predict a March madness bracket and a NFL round 1 with 100% accuracy is nigh impossible 

Probably why we're all in front of a computer than in a war room guzzling coffee.

Bonckers and faceman like this

4 hours ago, herb said:

Probably why we're all in front of a computer than in a war room guzzling coffee.

You are very right sir. Saying that even Payton did not think Lattimore would be there. 

19 hours ago, Bonckers said:

You are very right sir. Saying that even Payton did not think Lattimore would be there. 

Every mock I've seen had him going no lower than six. Some had him as high as #3 to the Bears 

Bonckers likes this

I am glad he fell though, we may have had the best 1st round of the league in value. Not sure about the rest of the draft, and we will not actually know until a few years from now. But I feel we did really well in the first.