Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
louder

Allan Stevens (loudlung) passed away last night

12 posts in this topic

Just read a post by his family on Facebook that he passed last night.  The post said that his last days were peaceful.  

Prayers for his family.  I PMd him a few times over the years.   He seemed like a good man.  RIP Allan.  

Dru, herb and Chuck like this

RIP Allan.

He was here when I first arrived here. He was welcoming, funny, and set the tone of what I was to expect here for decades to come. 

Thank you Allan, for your humor, your conspiracies, looniness and just all around awesomeness. 

I shook his hand a few times and we shared a beer at a game, he was just as warm in person as he was online. 

My condolences to his family and friends, he has been missed and now will be sorely missed. 

Thank you Loudlung, fair thee well. 

herb, Monica, Dru and 2 others like this

Man, this is terrible news, but it was clear he was in a lot of pain and his quality of life was pretty bad. I'm pretty sure I met him and his son at a Saints pep rally after the '06 season. PM'd w/ him several times. Dude was a good friend, and he never wanted anyone to feel sorry for him and his physical health and financial problems. He also seemed to live vicariously through the rest of our life experiences, and went over the moon when I introduced him to that website I use to watch all tv shows and movies for free. The way he worried about his son showed the type of father and man he was, which was a good one. His family are in my thoughts, I'm deeply saddened that he's gone, but I also happy his suffering is over. Fare thee well Allan.... you'll be sorely missed. 

zeke187, Saint ATN and herb like this

Allan was always passionate and insightful.  I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but I do consider him an old friend and compatriot. Allan had been posting here for well over a decade and I consider him one of the "original gang".

Thoughts and prayers to his family. I feel like I lost a relative.

Dru, Monica, nolaspe and 2 others like this

Allan was a friend to me many times when I needed it. I had talked with him on the phone several times in the years I have been here. I reached out with no response a couple of weeks ago. This saddens me, but I am glad he is no longer in pain. He toughed through a lot to try and be there for his family in anyway he can. I know he will live on through his son who he raised to be a good man. Rest in Peace my friend, you will be missed. 

nolaspe, louder, faceman and 2 others like this

I met Allan at the WDZ Pigskin in the Park get together many years ago, and at a couple of the games over the years and I, like many other that have met him,was impressed with his humor, insight, and his always inquisitive nature. We had several discussions in the PIT and he was always asking questions and pm'd me on several occasions. I truly liked the guy and I find it difficult to eulogize him, he was so open, honest, and passionate about the Saints and of a myriad of other subjects. His exuberant nature hid his suffering and through it all he was always talking or texting with a song in his heart. He was truly a Saint in my eyes because he always saw good even in adversity. Rest well my friend, you will be missed by your WDZ family-Godspeed!

herb, Monica, zeke187 and 3 others like this