Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StLee

Pick 32 and/or 42 - DB

3 posts in this topic

I posted this in the Cooks thread, but it may be better to post this here for discussion sake: 

Looking at some potential DBs (assuming Butler is definitely off the table now, which I think is the case) available when the Saints come up at #32/42 based on glancing at mock drafts:

S- Malik Hooker, Ohio State; Marcus Williams, Utah; Justin Evans, TAMU; Obi Melifonwu, UConn; 

CB - Desmond King, Iowa; Marshon Lattimore, Ohio State; Adoree Jackson, USC; Gareon Conley, Ohio State; Quincy Wilson, Florida; Tre'Davious White, LSU; Ahkello Witherspoon, Colorado; Fabian Moreau, UCLA

There seem to be a ton of late-first/early-second DBs out there, so my first guess would be that would be what the Saints are targeting if they remain at #32. 

Hooker, and Latimore from Ohio State are rumored as potential top 10 picks. If either is available at 11 or 32 I think we could take them. As far as the rest at 32 I could see us taking S- Melifonwu or at CB could see Quincy Wilson, or Tre'Davious White. All previously mentioned again would more than likely be BPA at 42, but would also ocnsider Witherspoon who I am high on at 42. The rest I am not sure at that point would be BPA,  there is supposed ot be some good value at DE again like DeMarcus Walker from FSU, Jrodan Willis from Kansas State (who I am high on), or TJ Watt from Wisconsin. I am not crazy about spending a high second on the remaining CB's, but big thing to remember is this if Cleveland does not draft a QB with one of their first round picks we could see a lot of teams look to jump to 32 to bypass them, and to get the 5th year option on any of them as well. I would look at Arizona, Buffalo, Chicago, SF, or even the Jets as teams looking to do that depending on who at QB is available. That would give us two high second round picks plus possibly another 4th or 5th round pick this year to move down a few picks, or maybe even another 2nd next year too. Just food for thought. 

faceman likes this