Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nolaspe

Let's keep making fun of the failpigeons, meme/pic edition...Epic Thread For the Ages

269 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, longsuffrin said:

No pictures, just arm chair criticism. After taking a 28-3 lead, the Falcons ran the ball FOUR times. FOUR times! Stupid! Who's running that offense, Mike Martz? 

You know me well. You know I hate to use stats to try and prove an opinion. I'll make an exception this time. I believe it will show why Kyle Shanahan is the goat of this game.

Offensive plays

NE- 93

Atl- 46

Time of possession

NE- 40.31

Atl- 23.27

The Falcons defense was on the field for a game and 1/2 basically. They were out of gas and struggling to keep up with the Patriots constant receiver in motion midway through the 3rd quarter. Atlanta stuck with man to man and rarely called a zone coverage to rest the defense.

You are spot on though. You have a 25 point lead with 6 minutes remaining in the 3rd and you run the ball 4 times after? You deserve to lose Imo. You abandon the run and challenge Brady pass for pass? You'll lose that battle every single time.   

13 hours ago, faceman said:

You know me well. You know I hate to use stats to try and prove an opinion. I'll make an exception this time. I believe it will show why Kyle Shanahan is the goat of this game.

Offensive plays

NE- 93

Atl- 46

Time of possession

NE- 40.31

Atl- 23.27

The Falcons defense was on the field for a game and 1/2 basically. They were out of gas and struggling to keep up with the Patriots constant receiver in motion midway through the 3rd quarter. Atlanta stuck with man to man and rarely called a zone coverage to rest the defense.

You are spot on though. You have a 25 point lead with 6 minutes remaining in the 3rd and you run the ball 4 times after? You deserve to lose Imo. You abandon the run and challenge Brady pass for pass? You'll lose that battle every single time.   

As I've already said, it's called ARROGANCE!

Bonckers and gypsywoman like this

9 hours ago, nonyt said:

As I've already said, it's called ARROGANCE!

True,but I'll add a caveat. If Freeman makes this blitz pickup, it's an easy Td.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/greg-cosells-super-bowl-review-inside-the-play-that-flipped-the-patriots-super-bowl-win-195345367.html

Football 101. When you see a mike LB lined up as a DE on 3rd down,you can pretty much bet the farm he's coming after the Qb. Matty Mvp Icemelt deserves blame here too. He could have dumped it off to Freeman who had 20 yds of open field ahead of him. Elite Qb's would have recognized that immediately. I agree it's fun to make fun of Shanahan,but the players have to execute too. 

2 minutes ago, faceman said:

True,but I'll add a caveat. If Freeman makes this blitz pickup, it's an easy Td.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/greg-cosells-super-bowl-review-inside-the-play-that-flipped-the-patriots-super-bowl-win-195345367.html

Football 101. When you see a mike LB lined up as a DE on 3rd down,you can pretty much bet the farm he's coming after the Qb. Matty Mvp Icemelt deserves blame here too. He could have dumped it off to Freeman who had 20 yds of open field ahead of him. Elite Qb's would have recognized that immediately. I agree it's fun to make fun of Shanahan,but the players have to execute too. 

Your absolutely right. And maybe when Ryan becomes elite he'll figure that out.

2 minutes ago, nonyt said:

Your absolutely right. And maybe when Ryan becomes elite he'll figure that out.

One way I judge elite Qb's is the "skill" positions they have to work with. Brady only had one HOF Wr. to work with and that was Randy Moss for 3 years. He didn't win a title any of those years. Brees has played his entire career in Nola without one. The same is true for Rogers in GB. Ryan has had Julio Jones who is on his way to first ballot HOF status and Tony Gonzales who will be in the hall very shortly. Ryan is a very good Qb,but he isn't elite like the three I just mentioned. 

Richard, Saint ATN, Patrick and 2 others like this