Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
faceman

How bout dem cubs

87 posts in this topic

scored 4 runs in the top of the ninth to dispatch the Giants in 4 games. That was the total opposite of choking. I believe the cleared their biggest hurdle tonight. Championship teams like the Giants die hard. Somewhere Harry Carey is smiling 

Dru likes this

Loving this run by the Cubs.

Epstein has put together a solid championship caliber team...great pitching staff, lineup of high average and power, and one of the best defensive units in  baseball.

There are no guarantees, but I think this is finally the Cubs year. Been following them on MLB Extra Innings package on DirecTV all year. Very much reminds me of the 2009 Saints. Same feel of being complete team. Same dominance at times. Similar slump overcome. 

Proudly wearing my NOLA Cubs shirt this postseason.

Dru and faceman like this

On 10/12/2016 at 5:03 AM, Slidell Saint said:

Loving this run by the Cubs.

Epstein has put together a solid championship caliber team...great pitching staff, lineup of high average and power, and one of the best defensive units in  baseball.

There are no guarantees, but I think this is finally the Cubs year. Been following them on MLB Extra Innings package on DirecTV all year. Very much reminds me of the 2009 Saints. Same feel of being complete team. Same dominance at times. Similar slump overcome. 

Proudly wearing my NOLA Cubs shirt this postseason.

I believe any fan except for the Dodgers and Indians should be rooting for the Cubs. After going 5 for 58 in games 2 and 3,the Cubs bats finally woke up. Hopefully they stay hot for game 6 and go on to play the Indians in the WS. 

Most people over 30 who grew up in NOLA are either Cubs fans or Braves fans.  I'm a lifelong Cubs fan, though I admit I gave up following baseball many, many years back.  Happy for them.

They did it man. We should all witness us to being so lucky when it happened. It's been a long time since I shed tears, but tonight was one of those i did. I could care less who wins football games this weekend. I'll relish in history thank you

1 hour ago, Slidell Saint said:

Go Cubs Go!  Hey Chicago!  Whatta ya say?  Cubs are gonna win today!  Go Cubs Go!

Fark the NFL and College Football this weekend. I'm going to relish in the history of this significance, The cubs did it :) :0 wow oh wow

bigbrod81 and Slidell Saint like this

Cubs took a beatdown last night.  Cleveland's Kluber was practically unhittable.

Cubs do need to take at least one in Cleveland in order to win the Series, though.  

4 hours ago, Slidell Saint said:

Cubs took a beatdown last night.  Cleveland's Kluber was practically unhittable.

Cubs do need to take at least one in Cleveland in order to win the Series, though.  

I still like the Cubs chances. They'll have the pitching advantage for the rest of the series. The problem is you can't rely on the long ball this time of year. Jacobs field and Wrigley face north and will be dealing with winds blowing in at this time of the year. Gotta go small ball. Hit and run,and take extra bases when the chance arises. Do Not sit and wait on the 3 run homer. That's the problem I always had with Bobby Cox and Earl Weaver. I prefer Whitey ( Herzog ) ball in the playoffs.  

Is it just me or has Bill Murray had a resurgence over the past year or so?  It seems like I rarely heard about him anymore and then, bam, out of the thin blue sky he seems to be everywhere.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/bill-murray-to-sing-take-me-out-to-the-ballgame-at-world-series-game-3/ar-AAjww9W?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

47 minutes ago, billyc said:

I was reading that some bars in Chicago are charging $200 to watch the game. That's crazy.

That is crazy.

I'm a big Cubs fan.  I went to two games in Wrigley Field this year and try to make it there at least once each season.  Love the bars in Wrigleyville, especially Murphy's across the street from Wrigley Field on the corner of Waveland and Sheffield.  But it's crazy to pay $200 just to be across the street from the game, watching on TV in a bar (where you are also buying drinks...and not cheap ones at that!).

I have compared this run by the Cubs to our 2009 run to the Super Bowl.  As much of a diehard as I am, there was no way in hell I would have paid $200 to watch the Super Bowl in a bar...no matter where it was located.  I know a lot of French Quarter bars were charging covers that day...but none were crazy like that.

I can't remember the name of the restaurant, must be nearby the Wrigley Field, but same thing.  For a table of 4 the cover was $1500.  That got you your drinks, one appetizer and one entree it said.

2 hours ago, billyc said:

Looks like the Cubs will be lovable losers once again. It's gonna take a miracle.

Why would you go out of your way to say this??

Have you followed the Cubs this season, or last?  Or the Indians for that matter?  Why interject?

There's an old saying in baseball that good pitching will always beat good hitting. That is certainly the case in this series. But the Cubs haven't helped their cause offensively. They have beaten good pitching all season long but can't figure out this Indians staff.

Different sport, but the Cavs showed just last year that it's not impossible to come back to win a series on the road being down 3-1. It's just never easy.

likes this