Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dru

Russians doped to win Golds at Sochi, tampered with urine samples.

21 posts in this topic

I'll tell ya, Russia has got to be the most corrupt, black market society in a civilized country I've ever come across.  These guys make Naples look like a group of rudimentary thugs.  I remember watching this documentary about running drugs in the 80's from Columbia to Miami.  They had a guy involved who lived in Miami, but was originally from Russia.  They asked him if he could get a submarine and his eyes got big like, Jesus, what, you want a sub?  He said, let me make some calls.  He calls some guys in Russia and asks them if they can get him a sub.  They say, you want that with or without torpedoes?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/russian-insider-says-state-run-doping-fueled-olympic-gold/ar-BBsYnRt?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

On 5/12/2016 at 3:18 PM, Saint ATN said:

why does this not surprise me one iota. 

If you think Usain Bolt and other Jamacian sprinters are clean, I have a bridge to sell you.

I grew up loving track and field,but it didn't take me long to discover it's the dirtiest sport out there. Google images of the East German womens swimming team and you'll know why

bigbrod81 likes this

If anyone has researched PED's,most sports historians place their beginning in the weight lifting community during the late 1960's. It later spread to Track and field and other Olympic sports. It eventually spread to the NFL. The Pittsburgh Steelers of the late 70's are considered the first team where steroid use became rampant. You can google Steve Courson for that history.

I have no proof former Russian weightlifter Vasily Alekseyev was dirty,but knowing Russian history like Dru has pointed out in this thread, I'd have to say he was. During my teen years, Alekseyev was one of the most popular athletes on the planet. He not only set records,he destroyed them. ABC's wide world of sports was a popular program during my youth. They showed Alekseyev at his competitions very often. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Alekseyev

It's just my opinion,but I believe the last drug free Olympic games  were Tokyo in 1964. It's the reason I still consider Bob Hayes to be the greatest sprinter who ever lived. 

1 hour ago, billyc said:

I say throw her suspension

out if she agrees to play naked. Id settle for topless.

you'd get a 1000 likes from me if the forum permitted it :) 

and bigbrod81 like this

I agree, I thin Russia as a whole should be banned. There is more than one report that shows that the cheating was propagated by the Russians themselves and that the government endorsed and covered it up. I say ban Russia for at least the Rio Olympics, and all international events for the next 2 years. That is the only way they will stop this from happening again. 

On 7/18/2016 at 2:48 PM, Dru said:

Fwiw, The Russian Track and Field team will not be competing. It just solidifies what most of us have known since 1984. The Iron Curtain lives on in some respects. 

16 hours ago, Dru said:

16 hours ago, Dru said:

On 6/8/2016 at 4:29 PM, faceman said:

If anyone has researched PED's,most sports historians place their beginning in the weight lifting community during the late 1960's. It later spread to Track and field and other Olympic sports. It eventually spread to the NFL. The Pittsburgh Steelers of the late 70's are considered the first team where steroid use became rampant. You can google Steve Courson for that history.

I have no proof former Russian weightlifter Vasily Alekseyev was dirty,but knowing Russian history like Dru has pointed out in this thread, I'd have to say he was. During my teen years, Alekseyev was one of the most popular athletes on the planet. He not only set records,he destroyed them. ABC's wide world of sports was a popular program during my youth. They showed Alekseyev at his competitions very often. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Alekseyev

It's just my opinion,but I believe the last drug free Olympic games  were Tokyo in 1964. It's the reason I still consider Bob Hayes to be the greatest sprinter who ever lived. 

Thanks Dru. I believe the link you provided pretty much substantiates my earlier opinion. I know it contains lot of circumstantial evidence ,but most courts would consider enough to be factual. 

On 6/8/2016 at 4:29 PM, faceman said:

watch?v=6tSinsLxyoEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tSinsLxyoE

The greatest sprinter who ever lived. He was also the main reason the NFL adopted the zone defense. If Hayes got behind Deion Sanders or Darrel Green, they'd be staring at his butt cheeks on the way to the endzone. 

Edited by faceman
bigbrod81 likes this