Dru

Saints to be on Hard Knocks?

19 posts in this topic

no way this happens, we are in the NFL's doghouse and with the uncertainty of the franchise and elderness of the owner, I don't think this makes any sense to go with New Orleans. 

Only reason I think we'd get it is b/c that twatwaffle roger knows how much SP would loathe being on it and it would be another eff you to us from him. I think the Rams (the whole moving to L.A. deal) or Bills should get it honestly, I'd love to see some Rob Ryan being Rob Ryan honestly for laughs. 

Edited by nolaspe
zeke187 likes this

Sheesh, we need to make the playoffs.

My guess is this won't happen this year. Goodouche knows that, as long as he can control the narrative, there is no such thing as bad press. Knowing that, LA would be my guess. But I could see it coming down between us and them. 

Only reason I think we'd get it is b/c that twatwaffle roger knows how much SP would loathe being on it and it would be another eff you to us from him. I think the Rams (the whole moving to L.A. deal) or Bills should get it honestly, I'd love to see some Rob Ryan being Rob Ryan honestly for laughs. 

word of the day :lol:

I really hope we don't do it or aren't made to do it. In my opinion, along with most, it's such a distraction. I don't think Payton wants that kind of crap going on around him when he is trying to get the team ready for the season.

Can Godhell MAKE the team do it?

Or one could just read the article:

As a team without a new coach, without a playoff berth in the last two years and without having been featured on the television program in the last 10, the Saints are one of seven teams eligible to be picked by the league.

Other teams that cannot decline a "Hard Knocks" assignment are the Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears, Jacksonville Jaguars, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers and Los Angeles Rams.

I agree Face, I don't think the Saints are as sexy as a sell for HBO as the new LA team would be. Not to mention Kroenke would love the added attention. Part of me would like it to be the Saints, but a much bigger part knows it would be headaches to all involved for us. 

Jesus, I really hope not. For the life of me I don't understand why ANY team not named Buffalo, Jacksonville, or Cleveland (probably also SF when reality finally sets in) would want this circus in their back yard.

Pretty sure they are going to show the Rams with them moving to LA and all the hoopla surrounding that. The NFL has been fighting to get a team back in LA since they all left, so I'm sure they will do what they can to build interest in a city that more often than not ignores their football teams.

Richard likes this

I tend to agree with y'all about it being LA. It's too much of a story for them not to cover it, especially on hard knocks. This would actually bring viewers outside of the game to it to see what transpires and how this all goes down. No ones really filmed a full transition of this order before and the directors and staff have got to be drooling over the possibilities. New Orleans just isn't as sexy a story of carries the gravitas that the Los Angeles move has. Plus they want to hype this new change, the NFL wants not just one team there, so it's kind of a twofer for em, they get to show the move, and more important they'll get to hype it to the LA market and the world too. Just my 2 cents. 

Slidell Saint and Richard like this

2 hours ago, Dru said:

Good news.  Now we need to go make the playoffs.

Agreed that's the easiest route,but I don't believe we'll ever be chosen as long as Sean Payton is HC. He's said he would never cut a player on camera. That's the type of drama Hard Knocks wants. I say cheers to Payton for that decision. Telling a player " you are no longer able to play a game" they've been doing since they were 8 years old is something that doesn't need to be broadcast over the airways.   

Saint ATN, Bonckers and nolaspe like this