Saint ATN

Gameball Thread Saints 20 That Team from ATL 17

Last Gameball Thread of the Season, Make it Count. Multichoice   16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Gets Your Offensive Gameball/s?

• Brees
    • Cadet
    • Hightower
    • Coleman
    • Watson
    • Snead
    • Cooks
    • Hill
    • Hoomanawanui
    • O Line
  2. 2. Who Gets Your Defensive Gameball/s?

• Anthony
    • Browner
    • Kikaha
    • Jenkins
    • Jordan
    • Dixon
    • Humber
    • Vaccaro
    • Richardson
    • Wilson
    • Sanford
    • Davison
    • Hawthorne
    • Williams
    • Owens
  3. 3. Who Gets Your Special Teams Gameball/s?

• Forbath
    • Morstead
    • Cadet
    • Byrd

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

GET OUT THE BROOMS...IT'S A SWEEP!!!

Season may be shot but to beat ATL twice, PRICELESS.

Last second field goal from the worst percentage FG kicker in the league to seal the deal only to leave Arthur Blank looking at the ground once again.

It's a Bittersweet game. Could possibly be the last time we see our now coach and QB next year.

So here we are 7-9, not bottom of the division. We're drafting high, but not too high it seems. 

It's now the offseason, REALLY, yup, here we be, last game of the year for us Saints fans. 

I'm always saddened on this day and tomorrow will be hard, cold, and cruel, such ends another year of hopes and dreams.

Congrats to Faceman and the other 6 who predicted the season totals in the Put Up/Shut up thread, I'll unpin that thread and let it go by like the season has.

No matter what happens we'll be here, if it's Saints related, we'll be here talking about it. 

Happy New Years All!

Edited by Saint ATN
phil likes this

Could possibly be the last time we see our now coach and QB next year.

Really ATN? Is that you? Don't believe the hype, they will be back next year and with another good draft to solidify the oline and help the D (and with Lewis and Breaux healthy) then we will be right back in the playoff race...Cheers mate 

Mitchell likes this

Hightower for some hard running and good screen running. Browner for his run support every time I saw him get near a back the play immediately screeched to a halt. Forbath for not choking on the chip shot to win.

I took advantage of the multiple choice and gave one to Brees and the Oline.  The line played very good the last two weeks which really helped the offense click.  

Went Sanford for the pick alone and Forbath for the winning kick.

Mitchell likes this

Congrats to Faceman and the other 6 who predicted the season totals in the Put Up/Shut up thread, I'll unpin that thread and let it go by like the season has.

Congrats Faceman and also a congrats to louder for getting the prop bet right of Dennis Allen becoming DC before the end of the year was completed. 

Really ATN? Is that you? Don't believe the hype, they will be back next year and with another good draft to solidify the oline and help the D (and with Lewis and Breaux healthy) then we will be right back in the playoff race...Cheers mate 

My heart says they'll both be back.  My head says unless Drew re-negotiates a very team friendly deal there's no way he can stay.  Again, my heart says that's exactly what he'll do, but then I never thought he would hold out as long as he did the last time.  

I said the O-line because I thought they made Brees' and Hightower's game productive.

I honestly think we have a few positives to build on for next season.

Not the least of which is we have a lot of young players that play hard.

The OL played well today, particularly considering all of the injuries.  How about Senio Kelemete’s play today?

Sanford made the play of the game, and has shades of the play in the Super Bowl.   Cadet's returns gave the Saints good field position. 

Hightower is a beast, and Brees is just special at QB.

Edited by Boris
Saint ATN and phil like this

I'm not believing any hype, rumors are rumors, hence why I stated 'could possibly'. I didn't say it was the last, just possibly. It's the offseason and rumors have been flying around all season. I don't have any hype to believe in, the next few weeks will tell us a lot more. Do I want Payton to stay, Absolutely, do I want Brees, absolutely, I want Ireland and another draft. That being said with rumors flying, where do they begin, they all point toward Paytons agent. Brees has stated he's playing here and with Payton next year, I also want to believe that, however if Payton were to leave and as stated that they are joined at the hip, it's not completely out of the question. If Payton were to leave, would Brees WANT to stay here, dunno, speculation at this point and until we have concrete proof of future. The coming weeks will be very telling, either way.  

Shout out to ben watson. He had a monster year . Didn't see that coming. 

I spoke with Brod at length about this before the season started. At his age, I was worried how we were going to replace a lot of receptions that were there in Jimmy and Stills. Watson stepped up big time. And  he is one of the best players you could ever ask for in the locker room. His production on the gridiron was superb. Great season in more ways than one.

phil and Saint ATN like this

Shout out to the O line, we had a guard playing LT, and he didn't allow one sack that I can think of. Kelemente may be one of our guards next year. Dude played legit. We have two tackles in Peat and Armstead, Pro Bowl center in Unger, and maybe something in Kelemente. 

The good news is that Armstead still has one year left on his rookie deal and we're in over our heads with regard to the salary cap.  The bad news is Armstead only has one year left on his rookie deal and could possibly hold out for his extension.  He hasn't made a Pro Bowl yet, he's been a bit dinged up and missed games in his short career, but there is no doubt we want to keep him.  He seems like a wonderful person so I don't know if he'd go the hold out route, but certainly his agent is reminding him of his future.

Saint ATN likes this