Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dale S

Browner just went nuts on a reporter in the locker room

14 posts in this topic

Intelligent players never fuel a battle with the media knowing they will never win.  By responding to these tweets confirms what I already thought about his intelligence.   

OK, so let me understand this correctly: someone "tweeted" that they didn't like Browner's language after we lost??? You know this isn't cricket, right? STFU!

Edited by Haplo
Allan likes this

This team doesn’t need this right now. Shut your Browner. Don't become Junior. Try not to hold receivers all the damn time & maybe your ability as a corner wouldn't be in question.

^ This.   Grabbing handfuls of jerseys is NOT the way to cover a WR.  That should be lesson one.  Lesson two:  After a loss, maybe try looking in the mirror, owning your mistakes, and keep your mouth shut.  

gypsywoman, Dale S, Richard and 2 others like this

Devils advocate here, but as far as what he did and then said on twit-er, what if he knew that his play had helped his team lose recently and he was just pissed off at himself and venting?

I MIGHT have reacted the same way if I knew I was a major part of letting my team and the fans down and then just blew my top at my own shortcomings because I was embarrassed.

Just saying.

Haplo likes this

Don't want Brandon anywhere near Delvin Breaux at this point.. this wasn't Keenan Lewis defending his coach passionately. This was disrespect.

All of this would be a none issue, but this was not the first time he has gone off in the locker room.... of course this all according to the NOLA reports and yes they did say it on Twitter, so it probably mot true I guess.

A

Didnt see this posted here, forgive me if it was.

Brandon Browner's apparent cheap shot

Brandon Browner's apparent cheap shot among 'mistakes we're discussing,' Sean Payton says

By Christopher Dabe, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/11/new_orleans_saints_brandon_bro_4.html
on November 16, 2015 at 12:26 PM, updated November 16, 2015 at 12:27 PM

The long touchdown play in which New Orleans Saints cornerback Brandon Browner appeared to forego a tackle attempt to hit a Washington offensive lineman who trailed the play Sunday was among "some of the mistakes we're discussing," coach Sean Payton said Monday.

"Obviously when you're playing a screen pass, you want to get to the ball," Payton said. "And those are some of the mistakes we're discussing."

Browner lunged into guard Spencer Long as he trailed on 78-yard touchdown catch-and-run by Washington's Matt Jones. The touchdown broke a 14-all tie in the Saints' 47-14 loss that dropped their record to 4-6.

"You've got to get to the ball," Payton said. "You've got to play the ball. Every once in a while there are certain battles ... you don't want to fight a battle if it doesn't involve getting to the football."

NBC highlighted the play in it's "Football Night in America" broadcast. Said analyst Rodney Harrison: "I don't understand. I'm watching and I'm like, go make the tackle. He comes back and he peels back and hits a lineman. This is why this is the worst defense in the league. That's just a selfish play."

I was strongly advocating against signing this dumb inept player. Not even in my worst nightmares did i think he'd be this awful. I always thought he was good only with a good to excellent defense around him, full of pro bowlers/all pros or hall of famers (something we distinctly lack) and man was I not proved wrong. He has been far and away the worst corner in the whole league and now also a headache off of it. Can't wait to cut him, god knows our young guys don't need a sap-for-brain like him having an influence

Saint ATN likes this

I was strongly advocating against signing this dumb inept player. Not even in my worst nightmares did i think he'd be this awful. I always thought he was good only with a good to excellent defense around him, full of pro bowlers/all pros or hall of famers (something we distinctly lack) and man was I not proved wrong. He has been far and away the worst corner in the whole league and now also a headache off of it. Can't wait to cut him, god knows our young guys don't need a sap-for-brain like him having an influence

Byron Maxwell might give him a run for the money.  Funny how two corners that left Seattle have been absolutely horrible.  Goes to prove how coaching and putting players in the proper systems does matter.

Byron Maxwell might give him a run for the money.  Funny how two corners that left Seattle have been absolutely horrible.  Goes to prove how coaching and putting players in the proper systems does matter.

+ infinity

When is the last time you saw Roman Harper helplessly trailing an opposing TE by 5 yards in Carolina? You haven't because the Carolina defensive coaches don't ask him to do it. 

Richard, bigbrod81, Drew and 1 other like this