Hermann the German

Can someone please fire Rob Ryan NOW!!!

86 posts in this topic

I'm guessing Payton was impressed with Rob Ryan's game plan against us in 2010 when he was the Browns then. Truth is, that game plan was probably masterminded by Eric Mangini. The sad part is Mangini had been available for several years as he worked for ESPN an analyst until the 49ers picked him this past offseason, I believe. Even with all the defections the 49ers had dealt with, they still are ranked higher than us defensively while we've been forced to painfully watch crapper defenses for the last two seasons.

The Saints are a classy organization so they will not fire anybody without having talked to him before doing so. RR will be a gone Wednesday the latest. If not, Sean Payton and/or Mickey Loomis also should get the boot...HECK, I would fire every single coach today if I could after this horrible season...let those cheerleaders train them from now on...:P :wub:

I forgot one more thing: CUT BROWNER IMMEDIATELY!!! Who cares about dead money for next season...this may get in style soon...:P

Edited by Hermann the German

Browners situation is also on the coaching staff. It's been well documented how NE always put a helper on Mr Yellowflag because of his limitations. We chose not too and once exposed, everyone will expose you, and they have, time and time again, and will continue to. Why hasn't the coaching staff given him any help? Is it talent? Scheme? 

Browner is a one year hire and will not be back. 

The Saints have made some bold moves before, so I won't be shocked, but his deal was for 3 years, $15 Million, $7.75 guaranteed.  If we cut him this offseason, it'll be an immediate $5.35 Million Cap Hit and more Dead Money on the books.  We're probably stuck with him for another season.  

You are correct though about him being used incorrectly.  This goes all the way back to his days in Seattle, where he also would easily get run by if he didn't get his proper jam at the LOS.  But he was playing for great defensive coaches at SEA and NE and they got the most out of him.  Now he's just simply exposed out there.

Neekie2212 and faceman like this

Is it talent? Scheme? 

It's just like politics imho. A little of both and the real answer is     somewhere in between. Our defensive coaching has been bad,but we have to take off our gold  and black glasses and ask ourselves this question. How many defensive players do we have that would start or be key backups on the current playoff teams? Jordan? Anthony? Kikaha? Every defensive player we drafted made the final roster. Imo again, that shows how devoid of talent that side of the ball was and still is. . Ireland gets an A in my book,but he needs to do the same again in 2016 and possibly 2017. 

phil and Saint ATN like this

Very good point Face, if you look at it unbiased Jordan, Lewis, and Anthony are the only 3 guys who could start for a majority of teams. The rest would be situational players or backups. Kikaha would probably be a situational rusher. 

Nothing confirmed by the team, but have seen several other places saying he is fired too. Not all his fault, but did not like a lot of his play calling since the Indy game.

Edit: Official got an update from the Saints.com app stating Payton made announcement,  

Edited by Bonckers

Rob Ryan, you always seemed like you'd be one h*ll of a fun guy to go grab a beer with. Those personalities are hard to play for, were you a coach, or a "buddy" (no pun intended, he won't ever be THAT buddy).

Saint ATN likes this

A change had to be made but I doubt this makes any difference.  Payton needs to take a hard look in the mirror and make some serious changes in himself or else he needs to go too.  I will always appreciate what he meant to New Orleans and the Saints, but if he continues to run the team the same way he has for the post Super Bowl, we will never get back.  In order to improve this team he needs to change or he needs to be changed.

The last two D-Lineman we had that could take over a game with any kind of consistency were Charles Grant & the fresh Prince (neither of whom were drafted by Sean/Loomis by the way).  I watch our D-line running in place week after week allowing every quarterback we play to have all the time in the world to carve us up. Think about that before you celebrate Rob's firing.

faceman likes this

The last two D-Lineman we had that could take over a game with any kind of consistency were Charles Grant & the fresh Prince (neither of whom were drafted by Sean/Loomis by the way).  I watch our D-line running in place week after week allowing every quarterback we play to have all the time in the world to carve us up. Think about that before you celebrate Rob's firing.

I don't think anyone is celebrating. I think someone has character flaws if they enjoy seeing someone get fired. I know these coaches are paid well,but they're still human beings. I think Ryan will wind up on his feet somewhere as a position coach. I wish him the best of luck. 

Haplo and Dru like this

I don't know about "celebrating" but a decent amount of fans/posters on this site and others have been pretty adamant on "demanding" this firing. My comment is to them. . I myself have been a manager, responsible for hiring, firing, and evaluations. Even if I didn't like or respect the employee, I was never happy to fire anyone, no matter how terrible I judged they were. So, I hear ya Face.

nolaspe and faceman like this

I don't know about "celebrating" but a decent amount of fans/posters on this site and others have been pretty adamant on "demanding" this firing. My comment is to them. . I myself have been a manager, responsible for hiring, firing, and evaluations. Even if I didn't like or respect the employee, I was never happy to fire anyone, no matter how terrible I judged they were. So, I hear ya Face.

I was in restaurant management for many years. The hardest part of my job was terminating someones employment. Believe me, there was no joy in doing that. I knew I was making the right decision,but it didn't make it any easier. 

Richard, Haplo and nolaspe like this

I've hired and fired more than I can know after 15+ years and it sucks every damn time. You'd have to be a heartless person for it not to not bother you. You put time in with them, your own investment and time into someone and for them to disappoint reflects on them but if also reflects on what I didn't do or teach or coach along the way. Each failure is a learning experience and uniquely painful each time. I tell people, I've NEVER fired anyone, they fired themselves through their actions/inactions, I just have to go thru the motions of dismissing them.