Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pac522

The Mets, my team

8 posts in this topic

Just clinched the NL East. Unbelievable run. Nothing short of miraculous. They made couple of moves at the end of June and never looked back.

World Series bound baby!

GOTTA BELIEVE!

20150926_181912.thumb.jpg.bdc58be06f7f4e

Just clinched the NL East. Unbelievable run. Nothing short of miraculous. They made couple of moves at the end of June and never looked back.

World Series bound baby!

GOTTA BELIEVE!

20150926_181912.thumb.jpg.bdc58be06f7f4e

I did not see the Mets & Cubs turnaround coming this quickly. That Mets pitching staff is set up to make a real run at the World Series. They have to let Harvey throw. I know there are concerns with him coming off of Tommy John surgery but you have to let a bulldog continue to stay in a groove. I don't get this new age innings limit crap. Guys like Bob Gibson, Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale & Jim Palmer would have laughed at this notion. I would have liked to see a front office person tell Bob Gibson he could pitch a game because he needed rest. That person would have gotten a fastball under the chin.

Yeah I'm not so sure about all this inning and pitch count, too much emphasis on it in my opinion. Nolan Ryan pitched well in to his forties and threw his last no hitter at around the age of 45, and threw for almost 300 innings in a season at his prime.

These Tommy John surgeries are a dime a dozen latley too. I can't blame it on curveballs too early in a pitchers career because thats been known about for some time now and little league and high school coaches have stopped letting kids throw curves at that age any more. Fastball, with change of speed and location, If you have control you only need one pitch to get hitters out any way. But theres plenty you can do with a fastball, 2 seam sinker/cutter, 4 finger, 3 finger, circle change and a slider without ever having a curve ball. A split finger can be developed.

Edited by pac522
bigbrod81 likes this

The winds are blowing out in Wrigley tonight. It should be an entertaining game. The Mets currently lead 2-0. Once again it shows when it comes down to good pitching vs good hitting, pitching wins most of the time.  

I was         watching the weather channel and they were talking about    the winds in Wrigley tonight. It reminded me of the 23-22 Phillies vs Cubs win when I was a kid. Check out Dave Kingmans blast when all the factors come together. Who needs steroids? :)

Edited by faceman
bigbrod81 likes this

Pitching always dominates in postseason play. Only Kansas City can match the type of arms the Mets can put on the mound on a nightly basis. The Mets starters have completely baffled a young but talented Cubs line up so far. 

The winds are blowing out in Wrigley tonight. It should be an entertaining game. The Mets currently lead 2-0. Once again it shows when it comes down to good pitching vs good hitting, pitching wins most of the time.  

I was         watching the weather channel and they were talking about    the winds in Wrigley tonight. It reminded me of the 23-22 Phillies vs Cubs win when I was a kid. Check out Dave Kingmans blast when all the factors come together. Who needs steroids? :)

Games at Wrigley can be very entertaining to watch when the wind is blowing out. No lead, no matter how big is ever safe. Speaking of long home runs at the Friendly Confines, this Glenallen Hill blast that landed on one of the rooftops was mentioned during last night's broadcast. Hill's blast was wind aided & probably steroid aided too though. :lol:

This has been absolutely, Magical, Amazing, and Unbelievable. I said this reminded me of the 86 Mets, but man this team has done some crazy shit. It's better to be lucky than good and man thats exactly the formula you need in the post season, a whole lotta great pitching, some good timely hitting and a little bit of luck.

That game last night was over in the first inning and I couldn't believe it.