Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/whodat/public_html/forum/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/whodat/public_html/forum/include/parser.php on line 791

Topic: Looking for a WIFI Range Booster/Extender

Fixing to go back to South America for my 28 on and I'm looking to get a WIFI Range extender because the internet where I stay could use some help.

Any recommendations?

2 (edited by louisb 08-27-2015 8:41:00)

Re: Looking for a WIFI Range Booster/Extender

Not sure how technical you are, but I bought this cheapo router, installed tomato on it, and set it up as a repeater. I redid the shed in the backyard as a practice area, so I could crank up amps and not bother everyone inside. This gets the wifi signal so that I have INet out there.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FW … ge_o09_s00

Edit: I should mention that I have to reboot this thing fairly often. But, it was cheap and I do not have to trust to for my main connection or anything so I am ok with that.

I have this one & it's bad ass. It's considerably more expensive but the force (signal) is strong with this one. smile

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R92CLD6/ref … 7KCRDY8VYX

Bigbrod is right.  I have that one and I think people within a square mile might see my WiFi.  But they will never decrypt my password.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/whodat/public_html/forum/include/parser.php on line 737

Chuck wrote:

Bigbrod is right.  I have that one and I think people within a square mile might see my WiFi.  But they will never decrypt my password.

I bet your password is 'bacon'...

Wow.
I would love to get that, but $165 is a little more than I wanted to spend, especially for something i'd only use half the time.

My concern is that I could get a beast like that and it wouldn't do me any good because it's probably way over-kill for the service.