Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/whodat/public_html/forum/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/whodat/public_html/forum/include/parser.php on line 791

Re: Serious prayers needed!

That is F!! awesome!!!

Outstanding news!

Officially Licensed WhoDatZone Rally Ape™

Awesome news!

Update on dad:
It's been awhile since I updated but he is doing great!! The anesthesia has finally worked it way out of his system and he is finally feeling back to his old self..cracking jokes and cutting up with the nurses. They are thinking he should be able to go home Monday! He will need to continue with physical therapy and have home health but this is more than we could have ever hoped for a week and a half ago. Thank you to every single person who prayed, cooked, visited, and kept our family in their thoughts. You have no idea how much it means to us to have the support that we do. We love you all! And a special thank you to my amazing husband Jonathan, who cooked, cleaned, chauffeured kids, came to the hospital at the drop of a hat and was the most selfless and caring person I could have asked for. Tough times definitely show people's character and I know I couldn't have made it through this without him. Thank you baby, you are my rock!

Awesome news, thanks for posting ATN

That is great!

Great news.  I never could find the pictures I have from the wdz weekend and game against Carolina in 04 I think it was.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/whodat/public_html/forum/include/parser.php on line 737

Drew wrote:

Great news.  I never could find the pictures I have from the wdz weekend and game against Carolina in 04 I think it was.

Yeah, same here. I couldn't find any decent pictures from the 1st picnic either.

Unfortunately we are back at the Heart hospital. Dad was having chest pains and trouble breathing this morning. He's in the cath lab now and they will probably be putting a defibrillator and pacemaker in. Send those prayers again, they worked so well before!!

60 (edited by Drew 02-06-2015 11:02:41)

WTF, Corky?  Did you think one of the nurses was cute or something?  Get well my friend and stay home next time.

Dad is out of the cath lab. Another stent was put in and he has blood flow again. The problem is that one of his stents is really old and is failing. The Dr can't put another one there bc there are already too many. He is going to consult with a surgeon to see if we can do a bypass. For now no defibrillator will be put in. And he will stay here in the hospital for the weekend. We'll know more once we speak with the surgeon.

Prayers sent, hope he gets better soon. Bypass can be scary, they are done so much now it is almost routine for cardiologists. My dad had it done when he was 45, and he was back at work in about 2-3 weeks. They now can pull the vein form your arm so it does not effect you walking. When my Mom's dad had it done in the 70's they were pulling them from your calf so you had problems walkng after the surgery too. It has come a long way.

Update on Dad: He just came out of surgery and everything went great. Defibrillator/pacemaker is installed and hopefully he can go home either today or tomorrow! Waiting to speak to the cardiologist to see what his opinion is. Dad is groggy but making jokes, so I think he'll be just fine! Mom will probably be having her surgery next week to replace her valve. The dr said her surgery should be fairly standard but they will both be out of commission for awhile. Thank you to everyone for the prayers, we appreciate them more than you could ever know!

Awesome sauce!

Mother Theresa updates:

Dr just came and said surgery went great! They are closing now and going to get her to a room for monitoring. I should be able to see her in an hour or two! He said her heart looked strong! She will be on a ventilator for about 6 hours post op but they will remove it as soon as they see that she can breathe on her own. Thank you all for the prayers!

#2: Mom is back in the room but still ventilated. They will hopefully have her off of it in a few hours..She woke up just a bit and didn't freak out. I told her she was in and out of surgery in under 2 hours and she gave me a thumbs up. She shakes her head no and nods yes when prompted, so she's good!

#3: Thanks everyone, she's doing great! She's still ventilated but awake..I went to take a pic of her to send to dad and she motioned for me to wait and she proceeded to fix her hair, lol!! If anyone ever wonders where I get my strength through the hard times, it's that lady right there as well as my dad. Two very strong, always kind and optimistic people!

God is good!! Mom and Dad are both home, healing and resting! Thank you so much to everyone who prayed for their recovery, we are so, so blessed to have you all in our corner smile emoticon

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/whodat/public_html/forum/include/parser.php on line 737

67 (edited by Drew 03-01-2015 10:32:05)

Drew wrote:

I never could find the pictures I have from the wdz weekend and game against Carolina in 04 I think it was.

I finally found it but it isn't the best quality.

http://whodatzone.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=99&download=0

Post's attachments

Group pic.jpg 36.94 kb, 1 downloads since 2015-03-02 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Wow! Just Wow!

God has blessed me with my wonderful family and my dear friends.  I'm at a loss of words truly.

When I recover a little more,(I have already rewrote this several times, must be the drain bamage.) I will try to tell you about this.....er adventure and the angel who brought me through all of this.

I can tell you all what you mean to me, I just love all of you.......or it might be the Lexapro. ; )

Thank you for all of the prayers, I believe they worked.

Corky

Corky,

You're part of the family. It might be a dysfunctional family (as all great families are) but all the same, we're always here for you.

David

Always here for you Corky.