Topic: Serious prayers needed!

For the old timers here on the 'Zone, St. Corky is in seriously bad shape at the Heart Hospital in Lafayette, he had a heart attack yesterday and coded again today. He's had a long history of heart problems and he needs your help through prayer. Mother Theresa (Corky's wife) has been posting updates via FB.

Re: Serious prayers needed!

Wow!  MEGA prayers for St. Corky!

Prayers for Him and his family Richard.

Horrible news, get well Corky.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/whodat/public_html/forum/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/whodat/public_html/forum/include/parser.php on line 791

OH God, I have been trying to find his number to call him for awhile now to see how he has been.

He' been through some rough times before, maybe not as rough as this time, so let's all hope and pray he gets better.
The doctors had told him he only had a few years left on his ticker way back around 193 or so. He is one hell of a fighter. He has helped me cope with my lung crap a few times over the years.

He truly is a great, wonderful, caring guy and would do anything for anyone. I really cannot say enough about how good of a guy he is.

I wish people would stop saying rights are protected by the constitution.
The Constitution protects nothing. Neither does it grant us our rights. The Constitution only outlines the restraints
upon the government
, and recognizes those rights all people are inherently born with.
The act of restraining the government, ensuring for time eternal the rights enshrined in The Constitution, is our responsibility to shoulder-- the courage, honor, and arms of all of us people who believe in it.

http://www.volusiacountygunandhuntclub.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/icon_SmileyMachineGun.gif http://nflshop.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_842000/ff_842479_xl.jpg&w=180http://www.weapon-owners.com/newforum/Smileys/default/Gun2.gif

From his daughter via facebook: He made it out of surgery. He is intubated and fighting it so they gave him meds to sleep. The artery that was repaired yesterday is wide open so the dr said that there are a few different things it could be. 1. His mitrovalve might have ruptured 2. The wall between the two chambers of his heart has ruptured 3. The muscle on the outside of his heart has ruptured. They are doing an echo now to see what is happening and they are also putting in a central line..They want to put in a defibrillator on Friday but we'll have to see how the next 48 hours go..thank you for the prayers, we need them

Officially Licensed WhoDatZone Rally Ape™

God's speed Corky, you are in my thoughts.

Positive thoughts your way Corky.

this is from his daughter this morning......He's still the same as last night. He's on a ventilator and they are slowly weaning him from the heart pump to see if his heart can pump better than 20% on its own. They did an echo and they didn't find any tears or ruptures so the dr thinks it is arythmias that caused him to code and the fact that his heart is so weak. They are keeping him sedated because he keeps fighting the tube. I'll update when there is more (and hopefully better) news. Thank you all

one hour ago from his daughter.....They've decided not to wean him off the heart pump till tomorrow or Friday. For now they are keeping him sedated and intubated because what he really needs right now is rest.

I'll keep Corky in my thoughts and prayers, too. Sorry to hear of his troubles.

I met him at the original WDZ picnic. He's a super nice person and he'll be in my prayers as well.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/whodat/public_html/forum/include/parser.php on line 737

12 (edited by Allan 01-15-2015 1:43:05)

Jimmy (Corky's son for those that don't know) just sent me a message on Facebook giving me an update.

Here is what he said...

as you can tell we are going through a very difficult time. He is strong, but his heart is very weak and not supplying his body with the blood it needs. He has been on the heart and lung machine since Tuesday night, which helping to give his heart a break. Last night he started to have some fever, which rose to 103. This has caused some concern, they have been able to reduce it to 100 just now. We are hoping it goes down.

He was heading back to the hospital and told me he's going to keep me informed.
So, any news I get, I'll pass it on.

The Constitution protects nothing. Neither does it grant us our rights. The Constitution only outlines the restraints
upon the government
The act of restraining the government, ensuring for time eternal the rights enshrined in The Constitution, is our responsibility to shoulder-- the courage, honor, and arms of all of us people who believe in it.

http://www.volusiacountygunandhuntclub.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/icon_SmileyMachineGun.gif http://nflshop.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_842000/ff_842479_xl.jpg&w=180http://www.weapon-owners.com/newforum/Smileys/default/Gun2.gif

Corky is one of my longtime WDZ brothers.  My prayers go out that he has a speedy recovery.

14 (edited by Allan 01-15-2015 2:03:39)

Just last week I had found a huge stash of old pictures and was looking through them all. There was a whole bunch from when quite a few of us met at the "Fox-N-Hound" lounge in Metairie back in 2001 for a pre-season game.
Corky was in a bunch of them.
I have the CD that I got with the prints. I just tried to pull some of the pics of him off it, but now my CD/DVD player on my laptop won't work AT ALL! I HATE THIS HUNK OF CRAP!!!

I REALLY wanted to share those pictures of him with yall!

upon the government

Update on dad:
He is still on the heart/lung machine and is still sedated and intubated. He has a fever of 103 that they are trying to bring down. They think that when he coded, he vomited and some of it got trapped in his lungs and that is where the infection is coming from. This is a better situation than what we originally thought, which was kidney issues. He is also getting a feeding tube to get some nutrients into him. Will update when more info is available..thank you to everyone for the prayers, it means the world to us!

16 (edited by Load182 01-15-2015 2:52:14)

Allan I would love those pictures, please get them uploaded if you can. Also to anyone else who may have some old pics of dad please share them. I know BB has a few from the old pig skins in the park.

I hate the Falcons!

I will try to keep you guys updated as we find out more. Thank you for all the kind words and prayers. They are truly appreciated.

I hate the Falcons!

18 (edited by Allan 01-16-2015 9:40:12)

I put the CD with the pictures on it in my PS3. Unfortunately, it is not the disk I thought it was and doesn't have those pictures with Corky (or any) from the Fox-n-Hound on it. (I thought it was that disc because it was sitting on top of these Fox-N-Hound pictures. The only pics that were in that drawer.)

I do have the prints.
Is there some way of getting those prints on to a  CD so I can upload them here?
---EDIT: I don't have the negatives.---
I have heard of prints being "scanned."
As I have said before, I don't know a whole lot about computers. So, I have no idea if it is possible to get them "scanned" and put on to a CD again.

If this is possible does Walgreens or Walmart do this? If not them, then how, if at all, do I go about it?

These are some great pictures and would love to upload them for yall to see. I am also quite sure that Corky's family might like to see them as well, just like Jimmy asked.

It is just SO damn coincidental that I just happened to be digging in a drawer and found these old pictures, that I thought were lost during or after Katrina, then about a week or so later after finding them Corky gets sick like this.

Jimmy, if I cannot get them uploaded somehow, I will mail them to you if you want them.

upon the government

Prayers out. I also had pictures of our first meeting at Saints training camp. It was the first time I had met Zman his son, Fast Eddie, Allan his son, Corky and his daughter, his little miracle as he called it. Unfortunately I lost the pictures and negatives during Katrina.

This country did not achieve greatness with the mindset of "safety first" but rather "live free or die".
The answer to 1984 is 1776.
Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason? Why if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
"All war is based on deception." -- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
"As I do these things, so shall ye do them, and greater things..." [John 14:12.]

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/whodat/public_html/forum/include/parser.php on line 737

Saint ATN wrote:

Update on dad:
He is still on the heart/lung machine and is still sedated and intubated. He has a fever of 103 that they are trying to bring down. They think that when he coded, he vomited and some of it got trapped in his lungs and that is where the infection is coming from. This is a better situation than what we originally thought, which was kidney issues. He is also getting a feeding tube to get some nutrients into him. Will update when more info is available..thank you to everyone for the prayers, it means the world to us!

Sounds like aspiration pneumonia. They should be able to hopefully treat it successfully.

Update on dad..his temp is down to 98.6 so it looks like the antibiotics are working.  They removed the balloon pump last night and Echo shows his heart is doing its job (although still weak)  Kidneys are looking good.  Lungs are developing pulmonary edema so they have started him on something that is going to help clear them out.  He is also getting a blood transfusion to help push some new oxygenated blood into him.  They are doing this very slowly, because blood transfusions can cause pulmonary edema..which he already has.  He is still sedated and intubated so he is feeling no pain.  It is all a waiting game. Thank you to everyone who has called, sent texts, visited, prayed, etc.  it is what is keeping us going right now..Please keep the prayers coming..we still need them

Prayer sent.

Corky is a real fighter, he WILL get better. He makes the world a better place and I don't think he going to go anywhere without putting up one hell of a fight.

Again, in case anyone missed it, can anyone tell me if there is some way at all to get some really good pictures I have of him and a bunch of the old crew uploaded onto the Zone? All I have is the prints. I have heard of scanning pictures before, but don't know if it's possible to get a print picture turned into a digital format.

It might be a dumb question since I don't know jack about this kinda stuff, but is it possible.
I want everyone, including the new people here that never got a chance to even read anything he posted before, a chance to see his jolly ass.

upon the government

Allan,  anyone who has a scanner could scan them into a jpg.

I have some pics somewhere from the wdz game vs Carolina (possibly around 2003)  I'll try to find them and upload them this weekend.

I have some pics from the 1st picnic, which was Corky's birthday too. I'll dig around an old hard drive and post them this weekend.